What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exporting Video From iPad Air

jim dandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

Have had this iPad for almost a year now and it does take a while to get used to the Apple way of doing things. I recently tried taking video with my iPad and it works pretty well. I found out that in order for me to send video's from it to a Windows Desktop so the recipient can view it they must have a compatible viewer which they and I included installed and it works fine.

Now the question:

I have taken a few video's with the iPad where they are stored and now want to file them on my Windows desktop computer, how do I move them and file them on it? Your help will be appreciated........

AdenOniPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Connect your iPad to the PC and go into My Computer > Select your iPad from the list of devices > enter the file down to it's base > There you will find your photos and videos.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or use online storage such as OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, ... to sync them to your computer and upload them there.

OP
J

jim dandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Connect your iPad to the PC and go into My Computer > Select your iPad from the list of devices > enter the file down to it's base > There you will find your photos and videos.
What you say does not work. I have a Windows XP Pro desktop that I want to move ipad video's to.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What you say does not work. I have a Windows XP Pro desktop that I want to move ipad video's to.

Each version of Windows has its own nuances when it comes to connected devices. In XP, it may show up as a camera device, or connected drive. I've seen them present differently or not at all with various XP machines.

As an alternative, a third party transfer app like Photo Transfer App can make the process of transferring photos and video off the iPad much easier. In the case of PCs, it creates a web browser interface you can access on your PC and select the files you want to download to your computer.

OP
J

jim dandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Each version of Windows has its own nuances when it comes to connected devices. In XP, it may show up as a camera device, or connected drive. I've seen them present differently or not at all with various XP machines.

As an alternative, a third party transfer app like Photo Transfer App can make the process of transferring photos and video off the iPad much easier. In the case of PCs, it creates a web browser interface you can access on your PC and select the files you want to download to your computer.
Do I need to install iTunes on my windows PC, would that help?
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It may make a difference, if I recall correctly, installing iTunes also installs the right device drivers.
They are installed when you connect your iPad to the computer. Or at least it was that way on my computer. iTunes didn't install the drivers automatically.

OP
J

jim dandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may make a difference, if I recall correctly, installing iTunes also installs the right device drivers.
I installed iTunes for Windows XP SP3 32 bit. When I connect the iPad to the Windows PC and open My Computer it now shows the Apple iPad with a camera icon. When I click on this icon to open the folder I gues it is nothing is in it? What do I need to do now ???? thanks......

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I installed iTunes for Windows XP SP3 32 bit. When I connect the iPad to the Windows PC and open My Computer it now shows the Apple iPad with a camera icon. When I click on this icon to open the folder I gues it is nothing is in it? What do I need to do now ???? thanks......

You did use the built in camera app to take the videos? Are they showing in the Camera Roll?

Most reactions

Latest posts