What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exporting Outlook contacts via icloud to iPad

Gorilaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have searched in the forums but cannot find a thread. I want to export my Outlook 2010 contacts to my PC desktop and then transfer the file to icloud and transfer them to my iPad. Problem is what file type do i use for exporting. I had read an article in PC Pro that you need to use a Vcard file but this option is not available in Outlook.
Regards
Gorilaz

OP
G

Gorilaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Many thanks semel, as all the contacts are on a company laptop i do not have itunes installed, sorry I should have mentioned this. I have made an appointment at my local Apple stote so will update you. Have to say the service from Apple is top notch, no one else comes anywhere near them for customer support.

Tcracing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Semel,

I need to be able to access Microsoft Outlook 2010 Contact information from an iPad. I have created a custom form in Outlook that I am hoping to mimic on an iPad using a form creating app. My questions are the following:
can I export/import the contact data from Outlook to the iPad without having to go to the cloud?
Can I access Microsoft Exchange Server from the ipad?

Thank you in advance for your help with this.

shaowei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to Copy contacts from Outlook into iCloud?
1. Make sure no contact in iCloud. Delete all contacts from the Contact of iCloud online if there is.
2. Make sure no contacts in iPad.
2. Connect iPad to computer, sync contacts in iTune10 or lower version, this is not applied to iTune11. This sync copies the contacts from Outlook into iPad.
3. Then, turn on the Contacts of iCloud from iPad Setting, select “Merge”. Make sure iPad is connected to internet.
4. After few minutes, all the contacts will be copied to iCloud online from air.
5. When connect to iTunes10 or lower vision next time, don’t sync the Contacts with Outlook, otherwise will be duplicated. Afterwards, suggest add new contacts in iCloud. From iCloud, Contacts is able to be exported to vCard file, then vCard file is imported to Outlook Contact.

shaowei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Outlook contact export to CSV, 2. in GMail import CSV, then export to vCard file, 3. in iCloud, import the vCard file.

Most reactions

Latest posts