What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired rented videos still showing up in Video app

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since upgrading, my expired rented videos still show in my video app with a cloud in the bottom right hand corner. I used to be able to delete videos once I had watched them but there is no longer an edit button to do so in ios7. Are they going to sit there forever, please?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Interesting.

A file with a cloud next to it means the file is not actually on the iPad, but is available for download. This is the way most previously purchased media should appear, letting you download it again for free.

I don't know why and expired rental would still appear this way, unless iTunes has decided you never got around to downloading and viewing it.

You can turn off this display of cloud available media. For videos go to Settings > Videos and turn off the Show All Videos switch. There are similar switches for the Music and iBooks apps.

If you want your purchased videos to show up, but not the rental, try turning the setting of, visit the app to see if it worked, then turn the settings back on. With a little luck this will purge any videos that should not be there. Otherwise, it might take a call to Apple's iTunes Support to straighten out. iTunes Support, unlike Apple Tech Support, is free.

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the information on turning off cloud purchases...did not know that! I have turned them off and of course the rented videos have gone. Turning on brings them back but maybe they will disappear eventually! Meanwhile I am very happy to have all cloud purchases hidden! Thanks again!

Most reactions