What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exclude photos from iPad backup

Ozjono

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I would like to exclude photos from my iTunes-based iPad backups. Its probably obvious but I can't seem to find the appropriate setting.

While I like to keep many photos on the iPad I don't need them synched or backed up. With 20Gb it's very space and time consuming. I have a separate workflow from camera to store/backup to PC and external hard drive.

Thx for any assistance

Jono

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage

Select your device from the Backups list.

When the list appears under Backup Options find and turn off the Camera Roll. It's the first item on my list, but I'm not sure if that is normal.

The other two types of photos are not part of the backup. Albums are synced from the computer (never delete the originals on the computer) and Photo Stream does it's thing automatically without taking up your iCloud storage space.

Most reactions

Latest posts