What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exclamation Mark on iPF Icon

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I d/l the iPad Forum application a few days ago but now I see an ! Exclamation mark across the Icon on my iPad 4G.
I assume it's an error indicator, but why and how will I get rid of it? Searched the Help Forum but didn't find anything.

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got it too, I think it's supposed to be that way.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I d/l the iPad Forum application a few days ago but now I see an ! Exclamation mark across the Icon on my iPad 4G.
I assume it's an error indicator, but why and how will I get rid of it? Searched the Help Forum but didn't find anything.

Well, there is an exclamation mark within the white conversation bubble of the icon. Is that what you see? Have you tried the app to see if runs properly?

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, there is an exclamation mark within the white conversation bubble of the icon. Is that what you see? Have you tried the app to see if runs properly?

Yeah, I ran the application, but when I see an "!" it means there is something to "exclaim"...
I asked my psychiatrist who feels the ! is superfluous and may show the designer's desire to stand out which wasn't necessary. The ikon just confuses people like me.
Seriously, I accept the icon as is. Thanks for enlightening a poor soul...:p

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, we just wanted make sure that you knew it was part of the icon...and for me, to know it was working for you!!

Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts