What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exciting SHSH Blobs news for iPad2 and iPad3 owners

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I followed the same process of amending the plots version file. But once you reinstall your 5.1 apps, you must:
1. Change the plist file back to 5.0.1
2. Reboot the iPad
3. Check on "about" that the iPad effectively recognises you are on 5.0.1
4. Only then keep using your iPad.

Pls let me know if you need more help.

Chers,
G

Fabulous! Why didn't we think to change the .plist back to 5.0.1 before? DoH! <smacks self in head>

Cheers, Dan

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dstuttgen said:
Fabulous! Why didn't we think to change the .plist back to 5.0.1 before? DoH! <smacks self in head>

Cheers, Dan

Tbh, I did change it back when I lost the jb, but I never rebooted hence when I went back to Cydia it thought I was on 5.1 and that was he end.

Cheers,
G

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tbh, I did change it back when I lost the jb, but I never rebooted hence when I went back to Cydia it thought I was on 5.1 and that was he end.

Cheers,
G

At least you had the foresight to change it back, back then. I never thought about it. Anyway, I posted on the Redmond Pie Facebook page, suggesting he amend his article to include the part about changing the .plist back to 5.0.1 and rebooting. We'll see if he does or doesn't. I wonder how many people wound up gorking their jail break on account of his instructional?

Cheers, Dan

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Part of the learning...I went back to 4.3.3 in the meantime as I could not stand an unjailbroken ipad.

It is all Apple's fault, jb should not be needed in first place :)

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After 2 long months on 4.3.3 I am back on 5.0.1 job :)

Also I managed to install the 5.1 versions of apps with the trick that took my job away.

Sooooooo happy :)

Have you been able to use iPhoto yet? When I launch it I get "updating photo library" and then the app just closes. I can't get it to open. Wonder if I need to reinstall it. Do you have any ideas?

Cheers, Dan

Most reactions