What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exchanging iPads

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think everyone one should take advantage of the apple stores I def a 100 percent agree with this post.

As long as your truthful not an Douche, and respectful sometimes, even when it not covered under warranty, they will still give you a replacement! That's what they are there for they don't get any benefits from selling the refurb units there purpose is to help customers in their time of need.

But I find nothing dishonest about trying to get you defective unit replaced. I cracked my iPhone 4 screen 3 times and every time they where nice enough to replace it free of charge and once for my girlfriend! It pays to take a walk in the apple store.

Like the OP I live fairly close and feel that it is an added benefit when I purchase an apple device! I enjoy guiness bar appointments!

OP
totemynote

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know we are all staying honest and above board here - we all know what the right thing is to do.

Tim

Yes, of course. But if there is something covered by the warranty that is defective even a little then an exchange is warranted. And perhaps there are things covered that some people may not be aware of yet have these same defects.

Then you have nothing to worry about, right? You just want to help people, correct? Make sure they are seeing the big picture?

I don't think I have anything to "worry about". If I do please explain. I see nothing nefarious in this thread but I feel it is being insinuated that there is. I am not trying to be argumentative. I just don't understand the point of this vauge response. It's kinda creepy.

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is interesting. I have an issue with my home button either: not responding at all, reacting as if I had double pressed the button, or if I double press it will do a single press action which is the stupid search :( it happens at least 80% of the time. Drives me up a wall but very busy and both stores here are NOT convenient. One is in a mall, the other close to downtown with very poor parking. On the other hand, I need to take it before warranty is up.

OP
totemynote

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ALcH3Mi5T said:
This is interesting. I have an issue with my home button either: not responding at all, reacting as if I had double pressed the button, or if I double press it will do a single press action which is the stupid search :( it happens at least 80% of the time. Drives me up a wall but very busy and both stores here are NOT convenient. One is in a mall, the other close to downtown with very poor parking. On the other hand, I need to take it before warranty is up.

Yes, this seems to be a common problem. The part the button mashes down on becomes weakened. It can be fixed by taking the iPhone/iPad apart and sort of spreading out the connections to make it tighter to the button. But if it were me I'd take the time to use my warranty and get a brand new phone instead. In fact I would try to get an exchange before it got as bad as you are explaining. If it feels spongy it is getting weaker. And most would agree that alone is a defect that the warranty should cover. With the new multi-gestures being developed it's likely the home button will disappear on future generations of iDevices and this will no longer be an issue.

OP
totemynote

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think everyone one should take advantage of the apple stores I def a 100 percent agree with this post.

As long as your truthful not an Douche, and respectful sometimes, even when it not covered under warranty, they will still give you a replacement! That's what they are there for they don't get any benefits from selling the refurb units there purpose is to help customers in their time of need.

But I find nothing dishonest about trying to get you defective unit replaced. I cracked my iPhone 4 screen 3 times and every time they where nice enough to replace it free of charge and once for my girlfriend! It pays to take a walk in the apple store.

Like the OP I live fairly close and feel that it is an added benefit when I purchase an apple device! I enjoy guiness bar appointments!

Exactly. Be honest, relaxed and assertive. In my experience Apple stores have excellent customer service. The employees are attentive and helpful. And they are most certaintly not uptight. They want you to enjoy your stuff and be satisfied with it. Most, if not all, of them love iDevices as much as the rest of us.

I love GB appts too!

Last edited:

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will definitely take care of it soon. I upgrade every year and this is the first one that's ever had a problem of any sort... And it's been like that since day one. My fault for not taking it in though!

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
totemynote, haha GB appts!! Yeah i did i find that comment by sweet poision a little off, but she is always trying to help and im sure she was just trying to clear things up. The mods are good people here.

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
agreed tim

all i want is to stay honest with the company ..apple ..who is giving us the best ...

OP
totemynote

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reread thread

totemynote, haha GB appts!! Yeah i did i find that comment by sweet poision a little off, but she is always trying to help and im sure she was just trying to clear things up. The mods are good people here.

Maybe I am reading to much into certain posts here but either way I reread my posts here and saw I failed to say when I dropped the 3GS and got a replacement I didn't mention that I was honest and said so. The glass didn't crack but the display had these weird lines all over it. What was cool about that is my warranty was a few weeks from ending. I thought they wouldn't exchange it. But they did so I was glad I dropped it!

So, I think I did make this thread to help others and just to have some conversation. Not trying to suggest any dishonesty at all.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Maybe I am reading to much into certain posts here but either way I reread my posts here and saw I failed to say when I dropped the 3GS and got a replacement I didn't mention that I was honest and said so. The glass didn't crack but the display had these weird lines all over it. What was cool about that is my warranty was a few weeks from ending. I thought they wouldn't exchange it. But they did so I was glad I dropped it!

So, I think I did make this thread to help others and just to have some conversation. Not trying to suggest any dishonesty at all.

You are fine. Stop trippin so much. A mod expressed a request. That's all. This thread has actually been very informative to some ~ so my advice to you is drop it, and continue on!

Okay?

OP
totemynote

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You are fine. Stop trippin so much. A mod expressed a request. That's all. This thread has actually been very informative to some ~ so my advice to you is drop it, and continue on!

Okay?

Okey Doke.

Most reactions

Latest posts