What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exchange Push mail not working Ios5

GoodGuyAttorney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. After updating to iOS5 my office based outlook exchange would not push email to either my iPad or my iPhone. I re-set repeatedly without any change. Additionally, every morning (or after midnight if I was checking it that late) I would receive multiple messages that my password and settings were incorrect. I had to open the settings and change something (it didn't matter what I changed) to get the connection to work. I would simple delete one letter in the domain name and then re-type it to connect. After reading all of this thread I figured out that iCloud is screwing with my exchange connection. The only thing linked to outlook via the cloud was my notes. I turned notes off and viola, all emails pushed. Additionally, the morning re-set problem disappeared as well. Unfortunately, now all my notes are gone. I've determined that if I need to read or create a note that I have to turn notes on in the cloud settings, open notes (my notes then quickly load) read my note,mclose notes and then turn notes off in the cloud settings. It's about 10 extra steps but it works.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
same here. on my ipad 2 ...

ios 4.x worked faultlessly all the time
ios 5 didnt give me any auto pushes.
ios 5.0.1 was intermittent and occasional.

deleting my icloud account seems to have solved the problem, even though ALL of my icloud settings for every option were set to OFF and i never used it in the first place.

Most reactions

Latest posts