What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exchange program fom Ipad 1 to 2

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you think Apple with have an exchange program for those who only bought the Ipad a couple of weeks before the launch. I purchased my first ever Apple product the Ipad 1 in February not knowing anything about a new version coming out. It was only when I joined here that I found out about the Ipad 2 and was wondering if Apple ever do an exchange program, it would be great if they did.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the US they were offering, I think, $100 discounts on the iPad2 for anyone that had bought theirs a couple of weeks prior to the launch. I've not heard of a similar program in the UK, though. It doesn't hurt to ask at your local Apple Store - but I suspect the most you'll get is a discount.

Tim
Scotland

OP
saphire

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, unfortunately I am nowhere near an Apple store and I don't drive, I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to contact Apple online its always worth a try. The camera is what interests me as I use skype a lot.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you could give their Customer Support line a call. They're usually pretty good - let us know what response you get as I guess they'll be several other Forum members in the UK in the same position.

Tim

iTom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Saphire,

I think you would have more luck selling it as used on eBay or to a friend. There are a LOT of students who cannot afford a new one and for what i've heard you can get up to USD 300 if your is in good shape and if you still has de original box and stuff.

iTom

OP
saphire

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks itom, I don't really want to go that route I would lose over £300 if I sold it.
My husband bought me the 64gb version and paid the full price, over £600 not knowing about the new version was coming out, I would have told him to wait if I had known. I am partially sighted so use ebooks to read. I can do loads of tasks on the Ipad that I couldn't do anymore accept on the main computer and I can't take that on journeys. LOL. The camera would have been great exttra to use in Ipad 2 I could video conference with family on skype.

Reaction score
As long as the iPad was bought within two weeks prior to the permanent price reduction, which occurred after the announcement of iPad 2, will Apple refund you the price difference. Which would mean that if your husband bought the iPad after February 17th you can ask Apple to pay you back the price difference.

That said, Apple doesn't have an exchange program, they only offer to pay any price difference.

OP
saphire

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As long as the iPad was bought within two weeks prior to the permanent price reduction, which occurred after the announcement of iPad 2, will Apple refund you the price difference. Which would mean that if your husband bought the iPad after February 17th you can ask Apple to pay you back the price difference.

That said, Apple doesn't have an exchange program, they only offer to pay any price difference.

Unfortunately it was about three weeks before the launch not two.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would still contact them and tell them of your predicament and that you're partially sighted. Tell them that iPad Forum has recommended you contact them and they may be moved to help, if not by their sympathy to you, at least by the possibility of adverse publicity. Please tell us how you get on.

Tim

OP
saphire

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you Tim, I will let you know what happens. I don't want special treatment or anything like that just the option to exchange with a nominal fee. I would think there is a lot of people who bought there first ever Ipad not knowing anything about a new version coming out, so I wouldn't be alone.

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so happy that I got mine at Best Buy - they exchanged my old iPad for the new one, easy peasy! No sweat! I love Best Buy!

OP
saphire

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Update: Told by Apple to sell on Ebay.:(, that is not an option as I will take to big a loss, apart from being partially sighted I am also a pensioner so every penny counts.

Most reactions

Latest posts