What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

exchange password problem

Bgiebelstein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPAD is stuck asking for my exchange password and I can't do anything without it.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a very simply way to solve this:

1- Enter your correct password.

That's all I got.

Smiley

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
There is a very simply way to solve this:

1- Enter your correct password.

That's all I got.

Smiley

And there I was thinking that the top tech companies had you signed up to a non-disclosure agreement to prevent you giving out that kind of top secret information?

The Archangel

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And there I was thinking that the top tech companies had you signed up to a non-disclosure agreement to prevent you giving out that kind of top secret information?

The Archangel

It is Christmas and I love sharing my wisdom with you lesser mortals. Smiley!

raygundan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope you fixed it by now, but if not...

My IPAD is stuck asking for my exchange password and I can't do anything without it.

I had the same issue. Contrary to the sarcastic "help" offered above, entering the correct password doesn't fix it. I confirmed the that my password was correct by logging in from my computer, but the password prompt remains stuck in a loop even when the correct password is entered. You can't even use the home button-- you're just stuck.

I got around it by holding down the top button, doing a shutdown, and turning it back on. This is definitely a bug. It starts if you have changed your password on the server, but have the wrong one stored on the iPad... but even entering the correct password on the iPad when prompted is not enough to break out of it.

bertemke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I tried doing a shutdown, but when I turned the I-Pad back on, the prompt for the password was still there. It asks for the password to an "Exchange account," but to the best of my knowledge I never set up an Exchange account. In fact, I don't even know what that is. Any other suggestions?

jbrantley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is how I resolved the problem - press the home button twice to open up the multi-task menu, hopefully the settings application is running. Open the settings (you will still be getting the password prompt), press the power button so it goes back to the lock screen. Unlock and turn on airplane mode (you have to do this quickly), power off the device completely. Power back on the device, then delete and re-add the exchange account. Hope this helps someone!

Cjcipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fix for Microsoft Exchange password incorrect error on iPad

You need to unlock your Google Captcha. Simply Google the words "Unlock Google Captcha" and there will be a link that will allow this.
It fixed it immediately for me. Hope it does for you too!

Josy12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So how do I find my domain name on my apple computer? In order to unlock Google Captcha, I need to know my domain name and, obviously, it is NOT my Gmail info.

t0rchit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue. Contrary to the sarcastic "help" offered above, entering the correct password doesn't fix it. I confirmed the that my password was correct by logging in from my computer, but the password prompt remains stuck in a loop even when the correct password is entered. You can't even use the home button-- you're just stuck.

I got around it by holding down the top button, doing a shutdown, and turning it back on. This is definitely a bug. It starts if you have changed your password on the server, but have the wrong one stored on the iPad... but even entering the correct password on the iPad when prompted is not enough to break out of it.

This worked like a charm for me. I joined the site just to post that Noobs' fix worked. I've been trying to find a way to fix this for a couple days now.

Last edited:

jaydeep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As an administrator, a huge network, manage Active Directory means a lot of responsibility. All administrators to perform tasks in a day, which will occupy a considerable time, sometimes really frustrating a significant change or reset the user password.

Most reactions