What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exchange mail older than 30 days

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Accounts' -> choose the account, 'Advanced', 'Delete from Server' -> 'Never' (or some other value)

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go into 'Account' what is the line immediately above the very bottom one where it says 'Delete Account' (OK - don't tell me if that line contains any confidential information) - I'm just wondering what you have there instead of the 'Advanced' tab)

Tim

OP
C

cpiguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mail Folders to Push, and then above that, Mail Days to Sync, which I have to set to the max, or 30 days.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there another tab on that page that says 'Account'. If so, press it and keep exploring the suceeding pages to see if there's an 'Advanced' tab in some of the later pages. Look for any tab that can take you further 'to the right' - it's usually marked Account.

Tim

OP
C

cpiguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there another tab on that page that says 'Account'. If so, press it and keep exploring the suceeding pages to see if there's an 'Advanced' tab in some of the later pages. Look for any tab that can take you further 'to the right' - it's usually marked Account.

Tim

I do have Account, but no advanced and no way to go any further. Are you actually saying your screens are different than mine. How is that even possible. Are you not running the latest version of iPad OS?

I've attached an image of my Account screen.

PS: Thanks Tim for your help with this. Ironically, I actually run the largest independent Technology Company in the Region. We have 40 engineers and software developers on staff. www.cpisolutions.com

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    155 KB · Views: 590

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Tim is talking about the settings on your PC, not your iPad.

AFAIK there is no way of keeping mail on the iPad for >30 days. Along with the cr&ppy keyboard and the fact that you can't expand/collapse email folders, that is one of the most annoying features of the iPad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm confused - I have an iPad1, with a UK service provider and IMAP and I can retrieve my email from years ago. But I have an Advanced tab...:D

I don't know, your tab looks nothing like mine....I'll think and investigate..

But, David, you know a whole lot more about this stuff than me - you're not saying that you can't retrieve emails older than 30 days though, are you? Isn't that what the OP wants to do? I thought they were saying that emails older than this were disappearing forever.....

Tim - confused....:confused:

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, I know quite a lot about vBulletin and forums, but MUCH less than you about iPads!

I have an exchange a/c and hundreds (no exaggeration) of email folders & sub-folders which I have to maintain. They all there on my PC, but I can't call up anything older than 30 days on my iPad, can't collapse the folders to get at them... etc., etc. Drives me nuts that such basic things are not possible. And I haven't seen an advanced tab.

Please tell me I've been getting it all wrong!

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
I use imap and also have advanced

I thought imap and exchange was the same but guess not

Borrowed from yahoo answers

Microsoft Exchange Server is Microsoft's enterprise (large-scale) e-mail and electronic messaging server software. Exchange is capable of supporting the e-mail and other electronic communications needs of enterprises ranging in size from a few to hundreds of thousands of users.

While Exchange originated as an e-mail system, it has evolved to support calendaring, meeting and task management, web-based e-mail access, and other business support features. The current version is Exchange Server 2003. Exchange Server 2007 is expected to be availble early in 2007 and will feature integrated voicemail, speech and speech recognition which can read e-mail to users over the phone and respond to their spoken instructions, enhanced anti-spam protection, and enhanced e-mail compliance features.

POP is short for Post Office Protocol, a protocol used to retrieve e-mail from a mail server. Most e-mail applications (sometimes called an e-mail client) use the POP protocol, although some can use the newer IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol).
There are two versions of POP. The first, called POP2, became a standard in the mid-80's and requires SMTP to send messages. The newer version, POP3, can be used with or without SMTP.

The Internet Message Access Protocol (commonly known as IMAP or IMAP4, and previously called Internet Mail Access Protocol) is an application layer Internet protocol that allows a local client to access e-mail on a remote server. The current version, IMAP version 4 revision 1 (IMAP4rev1), is defined by RFC 3501. IMAP4 and POP3 (Post Office Protocol version 3) are the two most prevalent Internet standard protocols for e-mail retrieval. Virtually all modern e-mail clients and servers support both.

- Sig - How to stop being notified of new posts, in the IPF app, goto the subscribed tab, then swipe left/right on the threads you no longer want to follow - I bleed in 6 colours

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on IMAP and I can search through all my emails going back years, I just did a check and searched for an email from about a year ago......and pray hesto, it found it, so it definitely does work.

The Archangel

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Gabriel1 said:
I'm on IMAP and I can search through all my emails going back years, I just did a check and searched for an email from about a year ago......and pray hesto, it found it, so it definitely does work.

The Archangel

Yep, and good thing about imap is that you can see the same emails on any device :)

- Sig - How to stop being notified of new posts, in the IPF app, goto the subscribed tab, then swipe left/right on the threads you no longer want to follow - I bleed in 6 colours

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup, I too, have the advanced button! I'm only iPad 1 as well. I thought for a minute that Tim and I were the only ones, thank goodness for the rest of you!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Most reactions

Latest posts