What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exchange Contacts not merging with ICloud

Plasma007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. When turning contacts off and on under iCloud on the iPad, it states that exchange contacts will not be merged. I do need to resolve this, since the cloud cannot bring that info across to my new iPhone. Any ideas pls. The contacts were uploaded from gmail, but I will not by using gmail contacts in the future.

OP
P

Plasma007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plasma007 said:
Hi there. When turning contacts off and on under iCloud on the iPad, it states that exchange contacts will not be merged. I do need to resolve this, since the cloud cannot bring that info across to my new iPhone. Any ideas pls. The contacts were uploaded from gmail, but I will not by using gmail contacts in the future.

I did some further research and found that exchange data and cloud data cannot be merged. For the moment I activated an exchange account on my phone as well, therefor my contacts is now in sync across IPad, the iPhone and gmail contacts. Will see later about importing contacts via exported data and then using cloud for across platform sync. Then one loses the gmail sync.

Most reactions

Latest posts