1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Exchange (ActiveSync) third party app?

Discussion in 'iPad at Work' started by jaqob, Apr 17, 2012.

1. jaqob

jaqob iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

My problem:
    I don't like to enter my passcode every time i wake up the iPad. (Or rather, my wife and friend's dont necessary needs to know and enter it every time). But I would still like to have my corperate email on my iPad.
    Are there any app that can handle my mail, and that asks for the passcode only when I want to access that mail account? Much like touchdown or moxier for android works?

And just to clarify, I'm not searching for a way to disable the security. I'm looking for a way to only use the passcode to access the protected data, not to unlock the ipad and play a game.
  2. lkilgore

lkilgore iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The best mail app I have found, that will do what you want, is ibisMail. You can go into the settings for the app and enter a passcode. The code could be a four digit pin or a regular word based password. When you first try to access ibisMail, it would prompt you for the passcode.

I have set up my Gmail, Yahoo, and work email on ibisMail. I highly recommend it.
  3. jaqob

jaqob iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the answer! That is the kind of app I'm looking for, but i also need support for exchange (ActiveSync).
  4. jaqob

jaqob iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No news regarding this? It annoys me alot... (To the point of not using my iPad for one of main reasons I bought it, work mail)