What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excel spreadsheets with ipad3

Richard Webb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know which app would be best for working and importing with Excel

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard Webb said:
Does anybody know which app would be best for working and importing with Excel

Welcome to the forum Richard. When you get a chance head on over to the new members forum, introduce yourself, and read the stickies found therein. At least read Tips and Tricks in how to use the forum and also read the Rules on using the forum.

I moved your thread to the iPad 3 Forum. You had posted it in the Siri Subforum. I think you'll get a little bit more input about your subject here.

Finally, to answer your question, I use Apple's Numbers app. You can import from and then export to Excel.

Welcome to the forum!

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ans I use Quickoffice Pro HD which has Word, Excel and Powerpoint in one package. Check out the basic Quickoffice basic version to trial.

ninja42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart office 2 should do the trick, and it's free on the app store at the moment. I downloaded it last night but not had chance to check it out yet.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I downloaded Smart Office 2 yesterday. It loads Excel spreadsheets, but it has almost no features. The search function is broken, title rows aren't honored, there's no formatting, columns can't be resized or deleted. It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but not much.

OTOH, the word processor isn't bad, for free.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
Richard Webb

Richard Webb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Walt Cullop said:
Numbers works great for me

I have bought Numbers wary at first, but it works really well for me. You do have to work at understanding how it works help is not fantastic but so far it is doing nearly all that I need. I have used Excel a lot in the past and have imported a number of spreadsheets that are quit complexed. Just the font that is sometimes a problem but think I can cope with that!. Great product thinking about buying "pages" let you if this is as good

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts