What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ex fat will not play on my iPad

indyjones1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all i am trying to get my sd card to play on my ipad but it doesnt seem to except ex fat as a format?
does anyone know of a way around this?
thanks
Barry

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply
i would and that works but i am using a go pro3 and some of the files are 6 or 7 gb and fat will not do more the 4gb?

Well, you have two options....get another card to use with iPad, or take shorter shots with your go pro3 (so you can use fat32 and have files under 4GB). Most of the time, videos work better with short shots anyhow...long runs like that yield huge files with are hard to work with.

OP
I

indyjones1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, you have two options....get another card to use with iPad, or take shorter shots with your go pro3 (so you can use fat32 and have files under 4GB). Most of the time, videos work better with short shots anyhow...long runs like that yield huge files with are hard to work with.
yea thanks i think it would be easer to work with smaller files

Most reactions