What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

evo tether to iPad

Little man.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, all new here. I was wondering if there was any way to use my evo to get Internet on my iPad.I have pdanet on my evo that I am using to get wifi on my computer. I was wondering if there is away to do this with my iPad?

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no way to tether using pdanet. Your phone must be rooted and you have to use wifi tether.

Or you can pay to wirelessly tether if sprint offers that.

deaffob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no way to tether using pdanet. Your phone must be rooted and you have to use wifi tether.

Or you can pay to wirelessly tether if sprint offers that.

pdanet is just one of the ways that androids can tether. You can tether through bluetooth and wifi. Androids can also become true wifi routers if the phone supports it.

Dafe1er

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you need to tether the EVO when it is a Hot spot phone????

This phone is capable of the following, and this is copied right from the sprint site on the specs of the EVO phone:

wicked fast web speeds, this is more than a phone. It's a Mobile Hotspot for up to 8 of your Wi-Fi devices.

So this means that you DO NOT have to tether your phone, you just need to read your instruction manual and see how to setup the WIFI Hot Spot so you can use your IPAD, IPOD, IPHONE, and 6 other devices wireless without having to do the tethering. this is one of the main features of this phone.

Now if you had a HTC Hero like me then you HAVE to tether to get the "Hot spot" to work on the IPAD.

Lucky bastard.....LOL:):p;)

Dafe.

XxDaLoWeSt1xX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes the EVO is capable of this for free if you root it (comes with free wireless wifi hotspot and usb tethering). There is no need for Pdanet at all...but to each his own.

OP
L

Little man.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no way to use the hot spot crack with the new phone update even if the phone was rooted, and most of all I do not want to pay 40.00 to use my phone as a Hot Spot. that's why I am asking if anybody nows how to tether the Ipad. I can tether my computer and I am wanting to do the same for the Ipad. thanks.

OP
L

Little man.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes the EVO is capable of this for free if you root it (comes with free wireless wifi hotspot and usb tethering). There is no need for Pdanet at all...but to each his own.

it,s not free any more with the new update, that I know of.

Ian B

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Funny you say that, mine is rooted and able to use the free wifi tethering app. No need to pay for hotspot or Bluetooth/wifi.

Ian B

XxDaLoWeSt1xX

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Funny you say that, mine is rooted and able to use the free wifi tethering app. No need to pay for hotspot or Bluetooth/wifi.

Ian B

Thank you im on cyanogens custom rom and tethering my evo at this very moment to my ipad for free I wouldnt lie about it you just gotta check it out no way in hell id pay 30 a month for tetheting if you need proof go to cyanogenmod.com and flash the rom. To each his own tho as I say.....

OP
L

Little man.

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Ian B

Thank you im on cyanogens custom rom and tethering my evo at this very moment to my ipad for free I wouldnt lie about it you just gotta check it out no way in hell id pay 30 a month for tetheting if you need proof go to cyanogenmod.com and flash the rom. To each his own tho as I say.....

Thanks for the info, I have been thinking of rooting my phone, but until Now I could not find any info on a new hot spot crack.Thanks for the help.I will go to that site this weekend. Do you mind if I ask for some tips from you, if needed.
Thanks, again..

Last edited:
OP
L

Little man.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does rooting the evo affect the performance in a negative way.
Will I lose all stored info on it by getting it rooted?

Ian B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, just back up everything to the sd card. Battery life is still an ongoing issue that everyone keeps trying to make it better.

Ian B

XxDaLoWeSt1xX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, just back up everything to the sd card. Battery life is still an ongoing issue that everyone keeps trying to make it better.

Ian B

I get better performance and battery life through root. Back up your stored things (titanium backup from the market) before you root but please note if you have the new 2.2 ota update you can't root until a root comes out for it. I will be glad to help you with any issues you can email me at [email protected] and I'll respond to you. Be sure to also check out xdadevelopers.com forumscfor evo as well too.

Greenrolaids

iPF Noob
Reaction score
re

i have an Htc Incredible.

I have it rooted and have both the wifi hotspot and the wireless tethering working for free.

The evo guy just needs to root and use wifi tether.

2.2 froyo here with skyraiders 2.5 vanilla rom.

;)

OP
L

Little man.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, I have the 2.2 ota. my understanding is that if you root it that there is no tether crack to get free wifi hot spot. All I am wanting to do is some how get My Ipad to connect to my Evo, to get internet. If I did not to the update I could get my my Ipad to connect though a known crack. Does any of you have a Evo with 2.2 that has been rooted that can get free wifi hot spot. Again thanks for all the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts