What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything to do with XMAS!

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Their happy, happy, smiley faces make me want to vomit! Enough said! And that includes Justin Bieber.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

I do not mind Glee (not the TV show). In my day, we hunted Glee Club members for sport. I still have my baby Glee Club club. Apparently not to extinction, however.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just picked up the Glee Christmas CD today.

Hey Robertlc . . . hope you enjoy the Glee CD. Just having a little fun at your expense. I'll (SERIOUSLY) never really comment much on another person's musical taste (except when it comes to rap). I have no right to comment, anyway. Eons ago, I started playing the flute for God's sake. Even the Glee Club kids beat me up and laughed at me.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where did Robert go? We can't all like the same things! I love Twilight films and get ribbed for that all the time! Come on Bob, I'm sure you hate them!

38days to Xmas. We still haven't gone shopping. No money at the moment. It will be a poor Xmas this year. I've got to do some cooking this weekend. The Xmas cake has to mature with plenty of booze added.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you read the twilight books Hayles. One of my daughters loved them, so I read them, great story but they were written so sickly sweet, I found it tough going sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, all of them and The Host which I found even better. She is improving, I thInk. I'm a romantic so sickly sweet can be easily bypassed. I am looking forward to the films though. Are you going to see Twilight Breaking Dawn? It looks great from what I've seen. I wish they would distribute an adult version, the birth scene would then be horrendous! Can't wait to see what Renesme looks like. The actress looks adorable but how do they cope with her becoming a small infant? CGI? It looks like the wolves will be fighting more than the books state. Stephanie was a bit soft when it came to fighting and death. She is dealing with extremely vicious mythical creatures and hardly anyone dies! Rosalie would be top of my list!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad she's improving. I haven't seen any of the movies yet. I like to wait and see them all at once and then I don't particularly like sitting in movie theaters either, I get too restless. It will be interesting how they do the birth scene though. My girls have seen them all. Breaking dawn comes out tomorrow here. I bet you're first in line by the sounds of it! :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in my 60's, was s time st Christmas they ALWAYS showed 'Top Hat', every time i see a walking cane - i get 'tick' :(

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I thought I had the best present for my mom - the Motown 25th anniversary DVD because she adores that special and the Jackson 5, but I just got a LivingSocial deal in my inbox for an $18 hardcover photobook that I thought I would make her with photos of my grandpa who passed away in January. So I can get both and save the DVD for her birthday in July. A+. Just wish I knew what to get my DAD. lol

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, so true! I love that advert!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, 37 days today. I'm starting to look at kids lists of prezzies. Thankfully, no laptops, iPod touches like one year. They just want sims game and clothing. My little girl wants a Xmas jumper. Hmm! I wonder where they are sold?

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, my brother and I went in on a joint present for my parents for Christmas (which we did last year too) so the photobook I mentioned above is going to be for Mother's Day next year. On LivingSocial.com, I bought the $175 one night stay in a B&B in a cute little town nearby for $87. They get tickets to a winery, tickets to a historical theater, and the town itself is really cute. I don't think they've ever even been to the town at all.

So I'm officially DONE. I love having a tiny little family. But I don't think I've ever been done with shopping before Thanksgiving!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try 30+ relatives and not having enough money! Not funny! But hey, what's new in this family. I know what my kids want and they always are top of my list apart from hubby of course!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope, we are late this year. In answer to your question, I don't know, I've asked Tim. I'm a super guru again so I've lost posts as well. I like the name so no worries.

Most reactions

Latest posts