What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything to do with XMAS!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going to grandparents because we are having family problems at home (college student).

Praying for a MBP but iTunes gift cards and gift cards and money will suffice.

Gramma normally cooks entrees, we potluck sides. And she reads the CHRISTmas (I know I can't say religious things so NOT ST. NICH) to us grand kids and gives us money when we answer questions accurately. Sometimes, we have a family time and sing. Granddaddy does Dutch Christmas and passes out fruit at church during midnight service.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gee thanks HK. I love hearing about different traditions. I remember reading about a European (German?) where kids get presents on the 5/6 of December. Oh heck, I'm going to have to look it up aren't I?

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sinterklaas (or more formally Sint Nicolaas or Sint Nikolaas; Saint Nicolas in French) is a traditional Winter holiday figure still celebrated today in the Low Countries, including the Netherlands and Belgium, as well as French Flanders (Lille) and Artois (Arras). He is also well known in territories of the former Dutch Empire, including South Africa, Aruba, Suriname, Curaçao, Bonaire, and Indonesia. He is one of the sources of the holiday figure of Santa Claus in North America.
He is celebrated annually on Saint Nicholas' eve (5 December) or on the morning of 6 December in Belgium and Northern France. Originally, the feast celebrates the name day of Saint Nicholas — patron saint of children, sailors, and the city of Amsterdam, among others.
Although he is usually referred to as Sinterklaas he is also known as Goedheiligman or simply Sint [ pronunciation (help·info)]
Closely related figures are also known in German-speaking Europe and territories historically influenced by German or Germanic culture, including: Switzerland (Samichlaus), Germany and Austria (Sankt Nikolaus); the region of South Tyrol in Italy; Nord-Pas de Calais, Alsace and Lorraine in France - as well as in Luxembourg (De Kleeschen), parts of Central Europe and the Balkans.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Sinterklaas (or more formally Sint Nicolaas or Sint Nikolaas; Saint Nicolas in French) is a traditional Winter holiday figure still celebrated today in the Low Countries, including the Netherlands and Belgium, as well as French Flanders (Lille) and Artois (Arras). He is also well known in territories of the former Dutch Empire, including South Africa, Aruba, Suriname, Curaçao, Bonaire, and Indonesia. He is one of the sources of the holiday figure of Santa Claus in North America.
He is celebrated annually on Saint Nicholas' eve (5 December) or on the morning of 6 December in Belgium and Northern France. Originally, the feast celebrates the name day of Saint Nicholas — patron saint of children, sailors, and the city of Amsterdam, among others.
Although he is usually referred to as Sinterklaas he is also known as Goedheiligman or simply Sint [ pronunciation (help·info)]
Closely related figures are also known in German-speaking Europe and territories historically influenced by German or Germanic culture, including: Switzerland (Samichlaus), Germany and Austria (Sankt Nikolaus); the region of South Tyrol in Italy; Nord-Pas de Calais, Alsace and Lorraine in France - as well as in Luxembourg (De Kleeschen), parts of Central Europe and the Balkans.

Not really to do with Xmas other in parallel with we hang decorations to celebrate, in Holland they like to hang books outside to show their child is studying, and a Witch for when the mother-in-law is visiting lol!

Just brilliant imho!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very funny! I love the fact that you get coal in your stocking if you were a naughty girl or boy. Hee Hee. I was always getting up to mischief and getting my younger brother in trouble. Sure glad I didn't get coal.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not had coal in my socks, we have family in a Yorkshire Village, they go door to door bottle of wine or spirit and a bag if soot

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hee Hee. That stuff goes everywhere. We are waiting for our chimney sweep to come do our chimney then we can have a wood/coal fire again. We lit some paper but the blooming crows have made a nest again. We must get up there and cover the chimney. Pesky vermin.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
40 days to xmas, you guys! Eek! It's galloping towards us now. I haven't started to buy prezzies yet!

I bought my brother's and know what to order my mom... My dad is the difficult one. :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dads usually are!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh my god! Bob! After picking myself up and dusting myself down and starting all over again.... Hilarious! Totally agree with your answer! Sorry Robertlc! I can't stand the Glee fiasco! All reality shows, and silly program's like Glee get on my nerves. Hate hate hate them. They ruin all the golden oldies with their happy, happy, silly faces. Agghh! I'm stopping now before I say anything else!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Their happy, happy, smiley faces make me want to vomit! Enough said! And that includes Justin Bieber.

Most reactions