What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyair

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to use this app over 3G?

Is it possible to get audio using this app remotely?

Would love to get some reviews from persons who have used app.

Thanks.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
As far as 3G,I do not know but have heard that it is possible.

There is a way to stream audio yes, but youd have to look into it.

It is my favorite RD app. Since it was designed for gaming, and that is whatI am. Im a huge gamer on PC. so its nice to be able to play these when im not at home.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does Everyair survive a reboot? IE, if working on a remote computer and a reboot is necessary, can you log in remotely and continue the session? Or is it like Splashtop and the connection is lost until a user on the host side physically logs in?

(assuming the PC in question does not boot to the desktop).

pandaelf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm one of the devs on this app, just ran into this and I figured I'd try to answer some questions. Hopefully this isn't considered spamming the forums ;)

Does the app work over 3G? Yes, if you configure your router appropriately though I would recommend against doing that right now. This is a top priority for us (right behind implementing audio) and in the next release or two we plan to implement a real "over the Internet" mode which removes all router and IP configuration headaches. We'll probably make it so you can use your Gmail/Facebook/Twitter for authentication (we will never see your password) and then you will automatically connect to your machine. Naturally, the "direct connect" option will also remain.

Does the app have audio? Not yet, but this is #1 on our priority list and we'll work on it right after the iPhone upgrade is out the door. It will come in the next two or so weeks. We know this is an important missing feature.

Does the app survive a system reboot? If you configure your system, it will. The server is a single "thinstalled" executable without any bloatware or spew of files all over your machine. In the future, we do plan to make the "install as a service" more of a handheld option. At the same time, we want to stick to our philosophy of having very light software.

Finally, we're currently under way with our beta for a large release which include the iPhone version. If you email us (email on our site everyair.net - board isn't allowing me to put it here) I'm happy to add you guys to it. For those of you that want to try it out for free, that's also an opportunity to check it out.

PS - we really appreciate and want customer feedback so feel free to let us know how to improve.

Thanks,
Nick \ everyAir developer

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Nick. Can you clarify what you mean by configure your system in regards to using Everyair after a Win PC has been rebooted to the welcome screen?

Most reactions