What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evernote vs. Awesome note

Misho73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my iPad 2. My first ipad experience.
From your experience guys which is better and why, evernote or awesome note?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I've never tried Awesome Note but I absolutely swear by Evernote. I use it multiple times every day for a number of tasks and it can do a lot more...I just haven't had time to fully explore it.

It syncs up with my iPad, iMac, phone, Macbook Air and works perfectly. I can't imagine not having it now.

Congrats on your new iPad BTW, you're going to wonder how you got along without it!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another fan of evernote here as I use it daily. The monthly allowance is huge and the syncing between machines very slick.
Just remember to keep your tags updated as it makes searching much easier once you have a large collection of notes.

OP
M

Misho73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank u guys for the input. I downloaded evernote and it looks really awesome. I won't distract myself with another app. This one already has more than i need. I just need the time to master it.

Clifton.Beasley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use both and synchronize them

I use Evernote and Awesome Note together and synchronize them regularly. I recommend Awesome Note in addition to Evernote for two reasons:

1) Aesthetics. Awesome Note is beautiful to look at. Really, just gorgeous. This may not be important to everyone, but it is to me. Awesome Note looks like it was made for the iPad. It works quite nicely on my iPhone as well.

2) To-do lists with due dates. Awesome Note is truly awesome in this regard. I've been using it for a couple of years (started with the iPhone version, now use both iPhone and iPad versions) and it just keeps getting better.

So in short, if aesthetics and to-do lists with due dates and reminders are important to you, then purchase Awesome Note and sync it with Evernote. You'll be glad you did.

PS: There is one note of caution that you should be aware of. Some web pages that I have saved to Evernote cause trouble when attempting to sync Awesome Note. This is often the case, actually. When this happens, I use Evernote for Windows to save only the text that I really need from the webpage, create a new note, paste that text, then delete the original webpage note. That always fixes the trouble. I have reported this to Awesome Note and I hope it will be fixed in a future release.

OP
M

Misho73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clifton.Beasley said:
I use Evernote and Awesome Note together and synchronize them regularly. I recommend Awesome Note in addition to Evernote for two reasons:

1) Aesthetics. Awesome Note is beautiful to look at. Really, just gorgeous. This may not be important to everyone, but it is to me. Awesome Note looks like it was made for the iPad. It works quite nicely on my iPhone as well.

2) To-do lists with due dates. Awesome Note is truly awesome in this regard. I've been using it for a couple of years (started with the iPhone version, now use both iPhone and iPad versions) and it just keeps getting better.

So in short, if aesthetics and to-do lists with due dates and reminders are important to you, then purchase Awesome Note and sync it with Evernote. You'll be glad you did.

PS: There is one note of caution that you should be aware of. Some web pages that I have saved to Evernote cause trouble when attempting to sync Awesome Note. This is often the case, actually. When this happens, I use Evernote for Windows to save only the text that I really need from the webpage, create a new note, paste that text, then delete the original webpage note. That always fixes the trouble. I have reported this to Awesome Note and I hope it will be fixed in a future release.

Thanks for the extensive review.
I will stick to Evernote for now, definitely aesthetics is important to me and I know I will reconsider using awesome note soon.

Riyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
INSTAPAPER and EVERNOTE .. are there people here using both, if yes .. how do you use them. Since a few days I installed Instapaper and I find that I use Instapaper a lot for pages I need to read at a later time. I use Evernote quite a lot also, but for example on the iPad when I see a web page that I want to read later I find it difficult to upload it to evernote (or am I missing something) while with Instapaper it is a matter of tapping one button

Richard

kvanliew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do people repos

The question is comparison. Not a one sided opinion. Thread is useless. I personally think awesome note is off the hook but has some sync problems and trying to find out if anybody actually compared both. Oh well.

Most reactions

Latest posts