What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

evasi0n will not run as Administrator

qt11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to run evasi0n on a Win7 64bit machine, however it always prompts that the app needs to be run by the administrator.

My Win7 account is part of the admin group, and I am right clicking and running as admin, however I still get the same popup.

I have tried running from a cmd prompt (started as admin) and also from powershell, however always get the same message.

I can run other apps as admin, just not evasi0n... ?

I've searched and Googled and have tried every solution I yet found, however it still doesn't work..

Any ideas ?

Cheers,
qt

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Odd. I've got the same set-up, and had no issues running it as admin. Have you tried it on another computer? Seems to me that maybe something in your Windoze registry might be screwed up. That's usually where I find causes for "issues".

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That might just be the notification. You can change this in Control Panel > Users. Just set the prompt to show only when modifying crucial system files or just turn it off completely. AFAIK, even though the prompt pops up, as long as you press yes, it'll still run as an administrator.

The full path is Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts then click on Change User account control settings.

OP
Q

qt11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

Still no joy. the pop up is coming from evasi0n rather than the OS. I get the OS prompt "do you want the following program......" and hit yes. envasi0n is giving me the issue.

No yet tried on another machine. Will do so this evening...

Thank you !!!
:)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I posted this on our sister forum not so long ago...

Where this seems to be cropping up is users who are members of the admin group, but not the true administrator account. It is possible to have an admin group that does not have ALL the rights which the true OS administrator account has. This can be particularly true for servers.
For whatever reason, evasi0n is not liking the fact that you are not a true administrator, and that's probably something to do with getting enough privileges to correctly deploy and use the libmobiledevice libraries, although I havent been able to confirm that myself.

If you can, get yourself logged on as the genuine administrator of the PC, rather than a user which has been put into the admin group, and try that.

Or try another PC! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts