What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

evasi0n IOS 6 Jailbreak - RELEASED!

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is usbaapl64.sys a part of the package? My antivirus scan of the downloaded file evasi0n-win-1.0-3c53ba10e2448d311b0f4157f2d7eb568f106c4f-release.zip reported the .sys file as a trojan horse (of course it might as well be a false positive)

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I thank the fine group of people who had the ability to bring about a jailbreak for iOS 6. Without the effort of each one of you this would have not been possible. Thank you all very very much! I an very appreciative and I am confident that I am not at all the only person who is.

Happy coding, John.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
johnl316 said:
Thank you very much. I thank the fine group of people who had the ability to bring about a jailbreak for iOS 6. Without the effort of each one of you this would have not been possible. Thank you all very very much! I an very appreciative and I am confident that I am not at all the only person who is.

Happy coding, John.

It's a good time to thank Mickey330 and f4780y. Their patience in the times between jailbreaks, their maintenance of the hacking section and their ceaseless toil in helping people to successfully jailbreak their devices is worthy of mention.

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I remove the weather app that was installed with the jailbreak? I don't want it! I do not have the x option when I long press the icon. thanks!

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
It's a good time to thank Mickey330 and f4780y. Their patience in the times between jailbreaks, their maintenance of the hacking section and their ceaseless toil in helping people to successfully jailbreak their devices is worthy of mention.

So true!
Thank you all, I would have been so lost. Have not upgraded from JB 5.1.1 yet, but have tutorials printed and ready to go when cydia is not so busy. I am sure i will have many more questions, so thank you , thank you, thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How can I remove the weather app that was installed with the jailbreak? I don't want it! I do not have the x option when I long press the icon. thanks!

The jail break team has said there is a glitch with the Weather app from the jail break. On the iPad, this glitch makes the Weather icon appear (on the phone, the stock Weather app immediately crashes).

The team are working on a fix to make that Weather icon on the iPad re-disappear. So, please, hang in there while they work on the fix. Just tuck the icon away and try to ignore it. I am sure it will get fixed soon.

Marilyn

Houdini5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah Cydia has been busy and was having errors but have been experiencing better results. Going to be patient.

Most reactions