Europeans unite! 25.03. Ipad 2 preorder, shipping, local purchasing...

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Lifet1me, Mar 16, 2011.

1. SporkLover

SporkLover
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Congrats ;) I probably took your picture today too.

I ate lunch at Erberts Suppe place.

So much for going 3 hours early because Germans aren't as Tech crazy as the US ;)

I walked up about the time they started to hand out bottled water. Today was a great day to camp out in front of the apple store.

IMAG0169 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    IMAG0168 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

2. Lifet1me

Lifet1me
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    On IMAGO168, In the middle of the barriers, the guy standing with black boots, blue jeans, black shirt with the white and red scribe on it and the black bag over the right shoulder, thats me :p

3. NickHillUK

NickHillUK
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Well, I am not a big fan of queuing so just wandered round the shops today, needless to say no one has got any stock in the uk now. And if you go to apple online store, they are now quoting 3-4 weeks for delivery.

Kinda sux

Sent from my iPad using iPF

4. euugenn

euugenn
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    there's still hope :) - simply use the "Reserve now" feature and if you are lucky you can buy one the next day.

This is how I got mine yesterday.

Tip: Be prepared to reserve it at exactly 9PM - they only last for about 5 minutes.

Link: http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/

Good luck!

5. majura

majura
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Germany here: I stayed up late and ordered at 2am (GMT+1), typical 15th ship 25th delivery date.

I would have lined up but had to travel on Friday evening. Since then there's been basically no reports of any new stock. I've even seen people beg for retailers to sell them their display models!

At my local reseller I have (under 2 names) two iPad's reserved for when they get stock. Basically the owner of the store has a rather long excel sheet of orders. I had a chat with him yesterday and they might be getting a delivery for the weekend and/or maybe nest week- so fingers crossed that I'll have one in my hands from which I can then cancel my order with Apple.

Other than that, there has been the reserve @ 21:00. I was so close Wednesday night, just as I got to the 'confirm' the session times out i.e. someone else clicked before I did. Last night there was nothing available. Unfortunately Berlin doesn't have it's own Apple Store yet, so this would mean spending another €60 minimum just to travel to Dresden or Hamburg (both significantly smaller cities!).

I don't mind waiting so much but I really hope that if I do end up having to wait for my Apple order, that it gets to me a few days before the easter holidays!

6. majura

majura
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Having looked at the Reserve an iPad 2 site from apple, it seems as if here in Germany there's been a good delivery of black iPad2's across the wi-fi range with a scattering of other models at various Apple stores around the country.

As rumoured, it looks like Apple has made a delivery for the weekend. Hopefully Gravis (the main reseller here) in Berlin will also have stock - going to ride there tomorrow morning, fingers crossed!

7. euugenn

euugenn
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    @majura: sorry to hear you are having a hard time in finding the new ipad. i would recommend insisting on the reserve feature as this assures you one the next day.

the "confirm" last step time out happened to me also once. luckily, the second time I asked a friend and she was lucky enough to reserve me mine.

good luck

8. plymouthred

plymouthred
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    For those in the uk

Do not give up hope of getting one early.

I used this link yesterday and my new iPad 2 32gb 3g will be with me before 1200 today :D

iPad Stock

Good luck :)

9. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:

hehehe, no stock of anything anywhere

majura - how did you get on mate?

10. majura

majura
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Luck!

My reseller here in Berlin got stock. They had no wi-fi versions so I ended up with a 32GB wi-fi 3G in black :) I don't really have a need for the 3G, but to be honest, I can see myself using it and it's far better than waiting!

Now just getting everything set up etc.