What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

estoy trabado con el mundo apple

Reaction score
Adquirí un iPad sexta generación y lo conecto a mi portátil con windows 8.1
No logro pasar archivos del portátil al espacio de almacenamiento del iPad.
Logro ver la carpeta del ipad Este equipo\iPad de JOSE\Internal Storage
pero no logro arrastrar archivos a ella.
Quiero copiar unos pdf.
Cómo se hace ?
Gracias

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello again - there is a Spanish iPad Forum HERE but does not appear to be that active - using Google's translation feature, your question now in English is in the quote below - you likely will get a much better response from our members - also, in the future, the Google service can be used in the other direction, so posting in English may be a better option for you. Dave :)

I bought a sixth generation iPad and I connect it to my laptop with windows 8.1
I can not get files from the laptop to the storage space of the iPad.
I get to see the ipad folder This team \ iPad of JOSE \ Internal Storage
but I can not drag files to it. I want to copy some pdf. How is it done?Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The folder you see when plugging an iPad into Windows is the local camera storage. Similar to what you would see if you plugged a camera into your computer.

To transfer files directly between your computer and the iPad you need to either use Apple’s iTunes app for Windows, or a third party app like iMazing. You can also transfer files over your home wi-fi network using apps like Documents, GoodReader, and a few others. These apps have a feature called wi-fi drive (or similarly named). You start the feature in the app, then open the URL supplied on the iPad in a web browser on your computer.

Good Luck.

iTranslate app version below.

La carpeta que ve al conectar un iPad en windows es el almacenamiento de cámaras local. Similar a lo que verías si conectaras una cámara en tu computadora.

Para transferir los archivos directamente entre tu ordenador y el iPad necesitas usar la aplicación itunes de Apple para windows, o una aplicación de terceros como iMazing. También puede transferir ficheros sobre su red wi - fi de domicilio usando aplicaciones como documentos, GoodReader, y algunos otros. Estas aplicaciones tienen una característica llamada wi - fi drive (o similar llamada). Empiezas con la función de la aplicación, y luego abre la url suministrada en el iPad en un navegador web en tu computadora.

Good Luck.

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Just curious , couldn’t you move files between devices via iCloud for Windows? I move images around between my iPad 6 and my Windows 8.1 desktop all the time. I don’t really work with many files. Images, notes, and a video or two,but never tried a PDF. I have never plugged my iPad into the computer to sync/ communicate via iTunes, really need to learn that one too.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks everybody.
i have installed iTunes. I will try and comment.
I prefer don't use internet for this purpose.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just curious , couldn’t you move files between devices via iCloud for Windows? I move images around between my iPad 6 and my Windows 8.1 desktop all the time. I don’t really work with many files. Images, notes, and a video or two,but never tried a PDF. I have never plugged my iPad into the computer to sync/ communicate via iTunes, really need to learn that one too.

If you don’t need to, no reason to. PDF files are rarely larger than images and videos. If the security and speed of the cloud is good enough for what you need, then it’s good enough. Other than the two previous concerns, transferring files between the iPad and computer via a cable can be considered a legacy method.

As I mentioned in my previous post you also have wi-fi transfer available via a few apps. This is an in between method. It is faster and more secure than the cloud providers, but slower than a cable; depending on the speed and security of your wi-fi network, of course.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks everybody.
i have installed iTunes. I will try and comment.
I prefer don't use internet for this purpose.

I look forward to your report.

If you don’t like how iTunes does file transfers (most don’t) I hear iMazing is a much better experience. Of course, that means you have to pay for it for the full feature set. I haven't used iTunes in a long long time, and only glanced at iMazing’s website.

OP
I
Reaction score
At the present moment I am using iCloud .
I would like to use a offline communication, but at the present moment I don't know how to do.
Best Regardls

Most reactions