What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error - The iPad "iPad" could not be restored. Error -1 from iTunes.

rezamann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I need some help please. I have a Jailbroken iPad 2 3G, Wi-fi model, currently running version 5.0.1. Every time I try to restore the iPad through iTunes (after putting my iPad into DFU mode and then hitting shift/restore to locate the IOS Firmware, which in this case I have been using 6.0 because it is the latest firmware) I get the message in iTunes "...restoring..." and as the progress bar is about to hit the very end it fails and comes up with a message "...unable to restore... error -1" On top of that, I cannot get my iPad to get out of recovery mode, I can get it into DFU mode (by holding the home button and power button 10 seconds/release hold home button, goes to black screen, etc.,) but I can't get it back into normal mode now. It's like it has bricked our something. If someone could please help me and provide some assistance I would very much appreciate it. It's been a long 72 hours now and I haven't slept much, lol. I feel like I'm just going in one big circle. Please help. Thank you kindly to everyone.

OP
R

rezamann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I definitely started off by following each step from TUTORIAL - Failsafe method to restore the current version of IOS however still can't get it the iPad to restore and update to the latest firmware. Also when I open Tiny Umbrella and my iPad is reading as a number, "32492482" not as "Reza's iPad" It's still not running in normal mode, and it does not let me exit/kick out of recovery mode the option is greyed out in TU. I think I'll post up a quick youtube video to show what's happening exactly. Thanks for the reply again.

Chuon bonavong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do not try to restore ipad2 which just downgrad from ios6 to 5x and try to rerestore around 5.xto 5.x it won't work .sir iTunes nowadays not support to restore to iOS lower then 6 but only red snow I guess.
The solutions is using reds now latest version to rerestore to 5.0.1 again .then I think it will work cause I have the same problem as you .:)
So any thing problem persist try to restore through iTunes to iOS 6 for emergency use.

Last edited:

rizzle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i am having the exact same problem and have tried everything in the above mentioned thread without success. Im tearing my hair out here. Anyone have a solution to the -1 error?

arifsarwar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.arifsarwar.com
I am facing the same problem, error (-1). Tried many times, several ways same condition... PLEASE HELP.
Is there any way fix by self, Chatted with apple supprt.. as they are saying there is no way but going for servicing.
It will be very much hassle for me to send to Singapore as there is no Authorised Apple Support center here in Bangladesh.
PLEASE HELP..

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am facing the same problem, error (-1). Tried many times, several ways same condition... PLEASE HELP.
Is there any way fix by self, Chatted with apple supprt.. as they are saying there is no way but going for servicing.
It will be very much hassle for me to send to Singapore as there is no Authorised Apple Support center here in Bangladesh.
PLEASE HELP..

If you followed all the steps in the tutorial I published a few posts back, then I'm sorry, but you have pretty much exhausted everything you can do yourself to fix it. :(

Most reactions

Latest posts