What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error:POSIX

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i've just jailbroken my iPad to 5.0.1 since it's untutored and i've never had it since now but as soon as i tried going on cydia it gave me the Error:pOSIX even though i haven't installed any repo yet, i only have the basic repos, i tried to rejailbreak it but it didn't work, what should i do?

Darkstar2007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.iphoneforums.net
It's because the servers are being slammed from the wave of new users. Just be patient and the traffic will slow down and your sources will load properly.

There wasn't a need in re-jailbreaking, but you know that now so it'll be ok.
Lol. :D

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, thanks a lot for help. I guess I'll wait

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry to bother you but the Error:pOSIX is still there, i've been trying all afternoon and evening and it never went away, isn't there something i can do? If i try on another iPad (a friend of mine came with his today) it works but with mine it doesn't, could it be related to the fact that in the boo logo i see an apple instead of a pineapple? (When i saw the error this morning before writing the post i tried to restore the iPad and rejailbreak it)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The servers for the repos are still down or are being slammed pretty hard. All we can do it wait until the traffic slows down.

To save yourself some hassle, bookmark those repo URLs on your computer and check them every now and then. If you have trouble connecting, get a 404 or no response, they're still busy.

I feel your pain, cause I'm there with you. Just - hang in there and have patience.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts