What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error 9 - Installing 4.3.3 using TinyCFW custom-firmware

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting an error 9 , while trying to restore my iOS 4.3.3 using customfirmware with newbaseband built with TinyCFW.

iTunes puts up this error 3/4th way through the installation and the ipad returns back to the 'Connect to iTunes' sign.

Any help is appreciated.

OP
R

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now, that i try to install iOS 5.1 stock , i get the Error 3004 .
Using Windows xp

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Error 9 is often a USB error. Make sure you are using a good cable and are connected to the PC directly and not a hub. Try a different port.

Error 3004 indicates you are not communicating with Apple correctly, which is probably why BOTH are failing. Make sure you are pointing towards Apple and NOT Cydia for your blob verification. iTunes still needs to verify the baseband with Apple. It is not pre-signed using TinyCFW.

Follow this guide (it WILL solve the error), then try and install the custom firmware again using pwned DFU mode - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-how-resolve-itunes-unknown-error-3194-a.html

OP
R

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, now after quite a few attempts i got 5.1 successfully running on the iPad.
Although i would really prefer to have 4.3.3 and still getting the 'error 9' . I used the same usb cable for the 5.1 installation and it worked fine! :s

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, now after quite a few attempts i got 5.1 successfully running on the iPad.
Although i would really prefer to have 4.3.3 and still getting the 'error 9' . I used the same usb cable for the 5.1 installation and it worked fine! :s

Just because a cable works for one thing does not mean it is not causing issues elsewhere. We've seen cables work flawlessly elsewhere EXCEPT when they are called upon to do a DFU restore.

It could also be anti-virus, firewall, or anti-malware software interfering with the USB communication. Make sure you disable all such software temporarily if you are going to try again.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts