What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error -54

LasJayhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both my iPad and my iPhone throw up this error 54 when I back it up to iTunes on my windows PC. It seems to work all right back of the wise but I don't know what this error is. Should I be worried about this?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Both my iPad and my iPhone throw up this error 54 when I back it up to iTunes on my windows PC. It seems to work all right back of the wise but I don't know what this error is. Should I be worried about this?

Well, just w/ a quick google search, this THREAD might help - take a look and determine if the advice applies to you? Good luck - Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Restarting iTunes on your computer has worked for some people. Try it and let us know if it works.

OP
L

LasJayhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Restarting the pc or iTunes had no effect.

Removing the read only attribute from the folder and everything in it cleared the fault. I would guess that with the folder marked read only Windows wasn't letting iTunes write a log file or some other housekeeping chore and throwing up the -54 error

Most reactions

Latest posts