What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error 3194 when updating

shigihito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I try to update my iPad, I always end up with the 3194 error. Apple says that I just have to have the latest version of iTunes, but I do, 10.5.

When I try looking around, the solutions usually include things like Cydia, umbrella, hacking, or jailbreaking. I do not have or have done anything to do with those.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably unrelated, but I was having problems too (though not that specific error). After I did a few things it worked out, so I'll list what I did. Maybe it will help.

First, I use the Download Only option. That way once the file is downloaded I can retry the update without waiting all over again.

Second, I upgraded my iMac to 10.7.2. Everything I read said this was not necessary, but I was having other issues as well. If you don't have a Mac, ignore this.

Third, I did a reset on the iPad before trying to update it. That insured that nothing was in RAM, or running in the background.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Good Luck.

OP
S

shigihito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, but none of those helped. I'm still getting 3194.

I've tried at least 5 times yesterday and twice this morning and I still end with the error.

I'm SERIOUSLY hoping it's just Apple's servers.

roxanne79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ii have same prob with my sis ipadi tried to update the ipad 2 then when i saw it it was just a black screen so i started to open as usual. But when i open it it goes back to itunes. But the thing is no power off slider. Please help me. Thank you.

Most reactions