What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

erratic touchscreen while charging

Nomini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I try to use my iPad while it's charging, the touchscreen acts very strangely and unpredictably. Sometimes it doesn't scroll, other times it magnifies on its own, sometimes buttons get pushed that I didn't press. The minute I unplug the charger, everything is fine. Thanks for any ideas!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the supplied charger? This is common with touch screens when you use unofficial chargers the don't work properly.

OP
N

Nomini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem Solved!

You're right! I was using my iPhone charger (which does charge my iPad, albeit slowly) but when I switched to the iPad charger, the erratic touchscreen behavior went away. Thank you for the suggestion! I'm curious to know why this happens. I understand the iPhone charger provides less current to the battery, but I don't understand why this affects how this affects the touchscreen.

Regardless, I'm grateful I can avoid this problem in the future.

Most reactions

Latest posts