What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ERGENT HELP: iPad turned into iPhone

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guys what the heck is this about? :(
( THREE pix attached )
is it something to do with intellishared and intellistatusbaricons
cuz I removed those and reinstalled them, but idk, could have been something else, I'm not sure what I did :(

using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341778275.068115.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341778275.068115.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 240
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341778289.399564.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341778289.399564.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 219
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341778302.304291.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341778302.304291.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 236

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You've installed something from Cydia which is not for the iPad or not ready for 5.1.1. You need to remove it using Cydia. Simple as that.

And yes, intellistatusbaricons is designed for ios4, so that is likely to be it.

OP
MNFL

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You've installed something from Cydia which is not for the iPad or not ready for 5.1.1. You need to remove it using Cydia. Simple as that.

if I respring, everything goes back to normal. but then when I restart, this happens. so basically I have to respring after every restart. u still think its the same issue? if so, that won't be easy to be found xD

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. it's a well documented problem. The tweak is not designed for 5.1.1.

OP
MNFL

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FIXED]

ok, fixed, I guess. unless it reappears again. but I can safely respring and reboot now..

it's either of the two which might have been causing this:
- I removed Facebook This and Chromizer
- Springtomize2 had been installed from a repo that u have later on removed. so I reinstalled the repo, removed Springtomize, removed the repo, and reinstalled Springtomize from another repo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's swipe selection tweak. That's what caused mine.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a word of caution MNFL. You can only get Springtomize legitimately from ONE repo, and that is BigBoss. Anything else is stealing / piracy. You'd better read our rules carefully as we don't tolerate that here. Jailbreaking is not an excuse to steal apps which should otherwise be paid for.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Interesting, I've been using ss since it was released and I've never had any problems with it causing the "iphone layout" crash on any of my jailbroken iPads... Could maybe be a combination of tweaks?

OP
MNFL

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score

weird, I had that before and didn't cause me such an issue. removed it anyway, doesn't make typing any easier..

OP
MNFL

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a word of caution MNFL. You can only get Springtomize legitimately from ONE repo, and that is BigBoss. Anything else is stealing / piracy. You'd better read our rules carefully as we don't tolerate that here. Jailbreaking is not an excuse to steal apps which should otherwise be paid for.

sorry man
I didn't know my problem would be caused by springtomize..
but after I discovered it, I just thought id share the fix for the sake of any users who might encounter such an issue. the solution for them might not be the exact same, but this could narrow it down for them.
i.e. removing an app's source can cause problem. that's what I wanted to convey :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, but also I would add I have been a long time user of Sprintomize2. Again, I use it on all my devices and don't have any problems, but if you were not using the legitimate paid version from BigBoss, all bets are off. Cracked apps, beside being illegal, can also be problematic in terms of causing crashes, and we don't provide support for them or their users :D

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only tweaks I have are intelliscreen x & springtomize 2. I toke off swipe selection and it was gone on my iPad 2 5.01 & 5.1.1 .

Off topic: When I read the topic of this discussion, I fell out of my chair and laughed, known as lmaotc.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only tweaks I have are intelliscreen x & springtomize 2. I toke off swipe selection and it was gone on my iPad 2 5.01 & 5.1.1 .

Off topic: When I read the topic of this discussion, I fell out of my chair and laughed, known as lmaotc.

Yeah, great title.

Weird, I do have all 3 of those on my iPad3 and iPad1 at the moment (and "forever") and I don't get the "iphone layout" crash on reboot ever...

OP
MNFL

MNFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
see, this helped someone already :p

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem on my iPad 1. I haven't down loaded anything from cydia since December, I removed snowboard and activator and the problem seems to be gone, I have had both sb and activator on this iPad for 2 jailbreaks and never had this problem until last week.

Tom

Most reactions

Latest posts