What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

erase all data and settings - how long should it take?

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does it tale hours to erase all data and settings. i started the process and the progress spinner is spinning but it is still spinning an hour later.

should it take this long on an ipas 2 wifi only 64 gig? also jailbroken running 5.0.1

OP
J

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. That is what I did.

I was preparing to restore to iOS 5.1.1
And the instructions that came with absinthe 2 said that it would be faster to erase all data and settings first. I was unaware that it shouldn't be do e on a device that was already jailbroken. I put the iPad in dfu mode and restored to 5.1.1 and then the jailbreak only took about 2 minutes.

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. That is what I did.

I was preparing to restore to iOS 5.1.1
And the instructions that came with absinthe 2 said that it would be faster to erase all data and settings first. I was unaware that it shouldn't be do e on a device that was already jailbroken. I put the iPad in dfu mode and restored to 5.1.1 and then the jailbreak only took about 2 minutes.

I did EXACTLY the same thing & was quite frustrated the JB developer would be so careless to include this in his directions. I don't have the link but Mickey did a tutorial of jailbreaking 5.1.1 in the hacking section....

naian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have an iphone 4s that is jail broken and i started the erase and restore process on it. how long will it take? is there anything i can do now?!

naian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have an iphone 4s that is jail broken and i started the erase and restore process on it. how long will it take? is there anything i can do now?!

westbury08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jailbroken ipad

to cancel the restore on the jailbroken ipad just hold the menu button and the lock button down for about 10 seconds. that might work for your device as well

Most reactions

Latest posts