What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Epic iFAIL!!

WuxiK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I did a very very very stupid thing and accidently put my ipad in the washing machine!
Luckily it was only in there about 30 seconds before I realised and tried to rescue it.

Obviously its filled with water. I turned it off straight away and its currently submerged in a big bowl of rice in attempts to dry it out.

I know its probably a lost cause and expect I will have to either try and get it fixed or replace it.

My main problem is that Im currently living in Wuxi, China. There is not an official Apple shop literally for miles (the nearest is Shanghai, and hour away) with my work schedule Im not sure Ill be able to get there anytime soon.

Does anyone know if it will be ok to take to an unofficial Apple retailer? Or will I really need an Apple "genius" to help me?

Any thoughts?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I did a very very very stupid thing and accidently put my ipad in the washing machine!
Luckily it was only in there about 30 seconds before I realised and tried to rescue it.

Obviously its filled with water. I turned it off straight away and its currently submerged in a big bowl of rice in attempts to dry it out.

I know its probably a lost cause and expect I will have to either try and get it fixed or replace it.

My main problem is that Im currently living in Wuxi, China. There is not an official Apple shop literally for miles (the nearest is Shanghai, and hour away) with my work schedule Im not sure Ill be able to get there anytime soon.

Does anyone know if it will be ok to take to an unofficial Apple retailer? Or will I really need an Apple "genius" to help me?

Any thoughts?
if it was me i would give Apple a ring and take advice from them,I'm sure they will be sympathetic,let us know how it goes.

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Real sorry to hear about your mishap! I'd get in contact with apple direct if I were you.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Laurie_

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry that happened. I just want to add you may want to rinse the soap out of it before drying it out.
It will leaving a film all over everything and could cause problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts