Epic Gold Mine (EGM) Guide for Dragonvale!

Discussion in 'DragonVale Forum' started by f4780y, Apr 25, 2012.

1. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No, you are not wrong at all, BUT. The "problem" with a water habitat is its low total capacity compared to Earth, Cold, or Metal. So your water habitat needs emptying of gold every 18 or so minutes with Pans. That's fine when you are playing the game, but rubbish when you are sleeping, eating, working, or at school! You are not earning any more gold if a habitat is maxed out / full of gold. With the metal mine you only need to come back to the game every 8 hours or so to empty it and be always earning gold. Thats the balance you have to strike if trying to maximise gold production!

2. DawniJeann

DawniJeann
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thank you. I should have read the entire part about the Panlongs. I have sold most all my water habitats & replaced them with earth & am getting the full 411 cpm x 3. Sorry, I was confused & glad I re-read it :)

3. DawniJeann

DawniJeann
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Another silly question... Which would be best as a second epic gold mine island:

Olympus
    Bloom
    Treasure

???

4. Calum

Calum
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    This is great. I've started my metal gold mine.

5. bobwood13

bobwood13
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Just shouting out i got the rainbow dragon doing iceberg dragon and blazing and i got it on my first try so if you guys want to try it go ahead

6. Vandslaux

Vandslaux
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Can any mines be made regarding the Large Sun/Moon habitats? Blue Moon, Solstice, Lunar Eclipse, and Solar Eclipse all make 948 cpm habitats with about 20 hr sweep time, which in essence puts the metal mine to shame

7. Vandslaux

Vandslaux
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Also Panlong with 2 boosts at Lv 10 makes 268 cpm so 804 cpm per habitat, which is 627,120 coins/hr with 13 mines

8. BrewManNH

BrewManNH
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Wouldn't it be easier to just make Magnetic dragons and sell them? It doesn't make as much per hour, but the money generated doesn't require you to sweep the islands every hour or so either. You can make 1.1 million DC every 8 hours, or every 4 hours if you're chain breeding them, and they're practically guaranteed to breed the same ones every time. Also, there's no initial outlay of habitats or boosts. Plus you don't have to worry about not getting your 2 Panlongs (intial breeding pair), if you're going to use them to create the mines, before February's deadline.

9. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Making and selling magnetic dragons is a great way to earn cash, and you should absolutely do it too. But it does tie up your breeding programme somewhat, so it depends on what your are trying to do in the game. Both tactics work hand in hand, not "either / or" ;)

10. BrewManNH

BrewManNH
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Sure if you're willing to spend 650 million in DC just to get started, wait 78 days (one breeding site), and not see any return on your investment for a month. Plus the only way you'll see that ROI in a month is to sweep the habitats 24/7 for 28 days, so realistically you probably won't see any ROI with that set up for about 6 months, so how is that a good plan again?