What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Epic Gold Mine (EGM) Guide for Dragonvale!

Vandslaux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can any mines be made regarding the Large Sun/Moon habitats? Blue Moon, Solstice, Lunar Eclipse, and Solar Eclipse all make 948 cpm habitats with about 20 hr sweep time, which in essence puts the metal mine to shame

Vandslaux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also Panlong with 2 boosts at Lv 10 makes 268 cpm so 804 cpm per habitat, which is 627,120 coins/hr with 13 mines

BrewManNH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to just make Magnetic dragons and sell them? It doesn't make as much per hour, but the money generated doesn't require you to sweep the islands every hour or so either. You can make 1.1 million DC every 8 hours, or every 4 hours if you're chain breeding them, and they're practically guaranteed to breed the same ones every time. Also, there's no initial outlay of habitats or boosts. Plus you don't have to worry about not getting your 2 Panlongs (intial breeding pair), if you're going to use them to create the mines, before February's deadline.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Making and selling magnetic dragons is a great way to earn cash, and you should absolutely do it too. But it does tie up your breeding programme somewhat, so it depends on what your are trying to do in the game. Both tactics work hand in hand, not "either / or" ;)

BrewManNH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure if you're willing to spend 650 million in DC just to get started, wait 78 days (one breeding site), and not see any return on your investment for a month. Plus the only way you'll see that ROI in a month is to sweep the habitats 24/7 for 28 days, so realistically you probably won't see any ROI with that set up for about 6 months, so how is that a good plan again?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure if you're willing to spend 650 million in DC just to get started, wait 78 days (one breeding site), and not see any return on your investment for a month. Plus the only way you'll see that ROI in a month is to sweep the habitats 24/7 for 28 days, so realistically you probably won't see any ROI with that set up for about 6 months, so how is that a good plan again?

Nobody is suggesting building these islands is mandatory, so your comment about 650million DC and 78 days "just to get started" is completely disingenuous. One or two habitats with the right combinations of dragons is a great way to mine gold, and yes, there is an ROI on that. You can pick just as many holes in a strategy of exclusively breeding and selling Magnetics 24/7.

If you bother to read things again, I quite clearly point out how crazy the whole Panlong idea is... Magnetic setups provide a much more practical earning envelope.

It's just a game, and this is just a bit of fun. Why don't you relax and try and have some?

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BrewManNH said:

f4780y is right, there are no right or wrong on how you want to play this game, there are lot of strategies to earn DC, Rainbow strategy, LYD strategy, Gold Olympus strategy, Solstice Strategy to named a few, it depends on how often you login and sweep coins is best for you.

In my opinion, if you just keep breeding Magnetic eggs and selling it for profit it will just take the fun away, this game is about getting all the rare dragons and building an ultimate park for your dragons. This is not "1st to Billions win" type of game. :) I also bred Magnetic or Iron eggs when there's no new content and just waiting for new dragon to come out. ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts