Engraved IPAD Delayed; letter from Apple

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by DroidHAM, Mar 14, 2012.

1. DroidHAM

DroidHAM
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    they shoulda compensated me!

2. Gayle

Gayle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Mine (engraved and ordered on the 7th) has also been in Kentucky since the 10th. I wonder how Apple caught it not being engraved--I have ordered three iPods in the last year, all engraved, and was told by Apple that the engraving is done in China.

ETA--OP maybe you will be surprised and the engraved one will arrive on Friday.

#12 Gayle, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  3. jasmynsway

jasmynsway
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I really hope they come through for you.

4. eddragon

eddragon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    ordered my engraved iPad on 3/8. Arrived in Louisville, KY 3/14 1am

5. ladynikon

ladynikon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That is really weird. I had mine engraved and it shipped yesterday. I didn't order my iPad until Saturday morning.

6. AlexKaren073109

AlexKaren073109
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I got the same email that my "the new iPad" was delayed as well. However, on the Apple Online order status says it's still coming out on Mar. 16. The email arrived to me after 4pm which was already passed the 4:00pm local time deadline. And now I just received an email with a tracking number attached that my personalized iPad was shipped from China. I called them yesterday about it and I was confused on what to believe. So I'm going to just wait and see. I'm not upset or anything, the email that was sent threw me off to what I saw on the online order status.

Apple should of expected this happening of people ordering iPads with engravings. For a company that has high volume of shares and stock share prices, you would think that they would of planned this out by having more engraving facilities and better communication. I hope no one in China doesn't commit suicide of the pressure that their employers are placing on them. I'm okay of it coming a few days late. I don't want any guilty feelings on receiving any Apple product.

7. DroidHAM

DroidHAM
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My replacement IPAD is preparing for shipment, while my engraved one has shipped from China with a date of 3/19. Think I will just keep the non engraved since thats what i wanted anyways, and it will be here tomorrow.

8. kyrod89

kyrod89
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I got the same e-mail yesterday. I replied within an hour of receiving the e-mail so they're now sending me a non-personalized iPad tomorrow (sitting in Oakland, CA at the moment) and my personalized iPad from China with an ETA on Monday. However, I checked my bank account today and they've released the hold they had on the total cost and have only charged me for the smartcover I ordered, nothing else. Not sure what to think of that...

9. thewitt

thewitt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    With an ETA of Monday, why would you do that?