What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Endless loop website has rendered Safari useless

mr subs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I needed to see was the word cookies and that helped me do exactly what you were saying twerppoet. I had this issue and fixed it immediately. I felt dumb not thinking of it myself. I came back to see how the thread ended and was kind of shocked to see the thread creator's response because it's obvious that it was in fact he that did not understand what you meant and not the other way around like he rudely tried to point out. To clear cookies and data from RAM you go to settings on the iPhone or iPad itself, not in the actual app. If that has for some reason changed with ios 8, then I might be wrong. I doubt that is the case. Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you and point out that if you're going to ask for help, don't act like a know it all to nice people that take their time to help please.

tamarok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Responding to this with current solution, since this post is a top hit on Google search results:

If you are hit by a recurring pop up, then try the following, by process of elimination:
- go into airplane mode
- disable JavaScript in settings->safari->advanced

In both cases, once the pop-ups stop, close offending tabs and then re-enable options.

Most reactions

Latest posts