What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ending apps fully?

Goodmorningblues

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Note also that some of the apps which you see at the bottom after double pressing Home, will also be using memory and therefore reducing the available memory for other apps to use. Strangely, the Apple apps are some of the worst offenders.

mskhs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everybody,

Reading this thread give me good insight into some of the ipad operations. Now i do realise, i got many many apps still operating in the background. With these information and closing those open apps, my ipad is running much smoother.

Thank and happy being forum member.

mypublicprofile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Double press the home button, the open apps will appear at the bottom,press any one until a minus sign shows up in the upper left corner of the open apps, tap the minus sign on the ones you want to close.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

I ran into this forum looking for spreadsheet program advice, but have gotten very distracted by all of this useful information. Thanks everyone! I hope I can pull my weight here.

As soon as I have read everything I can go to sleep....

iPad2x1, iPod 64GB x 2, iPod touch 32GB x 2, iPod Shuffle, PowerBook 17" G4, MacBook 15" x 2, iMac 21", iMac 27"

ken3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i used xsysinfo to clear memory and this is what it solved for me.

I was watching a movie rental. It froze part way through the movie. When I went back to the home screen and then relaunched Videos, i was met by a blank/black screen. I couldn't get to the list of my movies, and I couldn't manipulate the frozen movie (which I assume was in memory even though the screen was black). I tried hard resetting. I tried to close the Video app completely by touch/hold and clicking the minus sign. None of that worked. I then used xsysinfo to clear memory on launch. That did the trick. Now I can see my Video lists again. yee haw thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts