What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enabling multi-gestures

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought this was going to possible with the iPad 2 right out of the box and was disappointed of course.

I currently only have a PC and I've read this can be enabled using a Mac. Is there a work around to do this on a PC anyone knows of? Maybe this has already been answered here before but I couldn't find it if it has.

And I was wondering if I could do this in a Apple store if I happen upon a cool employee. But I can call or walk in on them and ask of course.

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
totemynote said:
I thought this was going to possible with the iPad 2 right out of the box and was disappointed of course.

I currently only have a PC and I've read this can be enabled using a Mac. Is there a work around to do this on a PC anyone knows of? Maybe this has already been answered here before but I couldn't find it if it has.

And I was wondering if I could do this in a Apple store if I happen upon a cool employee. But I can call or walk in on them and ask of course.
a

This should help.

http://www.icopybot.com/blog/enable-multitouch-gestures-on-ipad-without-jailbreaking.htm

Also please have a look at the tips and trick sticky for future reference. All the best!

xxcysxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,
so the gesture only has switching between open tasks, return to home screen from an open app, and see the running apps bar on the bottom. is there anything else i'm missing? is there any more tricks besides those i mention?

thanks

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
xxcysxx said:
hi,
so the gesture only has switching between open tasks, return to home screen from an open app, and see the running apps bar on the bottom. is there anything else i'm missing? is there any more tricks besides those i mention?

thanks

Just 3 for now.

xxcysxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there a gesture i can enable to have the forward and back function in the safari browser?
would really like to have this feature. i thought i saw a video of this gesture in action somewhere, but i cannot find it.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be awesome if apple added: 4/5 finger swipe down while in an app to delete it out of the multitasking bar. I hate having to delete all them apps manually.

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
xxcysxx said:
is there a gesture i can enable to have the forward and back function in the safari browser?
would really like to have this feature. i thought i saw a video of this gesture in action somewhere, but i cannot find it.

There are browsers you can get from the AppStore that have this feature. Atomic browser is one of them...I think.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
xxcysxx said:

If your Jailbroken, get "Fullscreen for iPad" in Cydia. It gives you finger swipe commands in the actual safari app.

OP
totemynote

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be awesome if apple added: 4/5 finger swipe down while in an app to delete it out of the multitasking bar. I hate having to delete all them apps manually.

This is what the process does that was discussed in the first two posts, ie... four-five finger functions and so forth. No jailbreak necessary.

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you upgrade to 4.3.2 you will have to reinstall your multi gestures all over again. Just a heads up

Most reactions