What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emulators - Can you remove the on-screen buttons?

crbetsworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using a wii remote for my ipad emulators, just wondering if you can take the on-screen buttons completely off? i use the genesis emulator and snes. Is there any other emulators, that would work well with the ipad besides these 2? i cant seem to get the playstation one working. Thanks - Kes

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This would be entirely up to the developer of the emulator in question. There is no app or tweak which would enable this generically, sorry.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is an idea:
Use file or SSH to root around the app's files. Find the pictures for the on-screen buttons, and replace them with transparent pictures. Just google or you can make your own.
What do y'all think?

That's what I did to make NoDock and NoSlider for winterboard.

OP
C

crbetsworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is an idea:
Use file or SSH to root around the app's files. Find the pictures for the on-screen buttons, and replace them with transparent pictures. Just google or you can make your own.
What do y'all think?

That's what I did to make NoDock and NoSlider for winterboard.

Thanks again man, you definitely know your stuff! think that would work perfect! and ive already done something like this with one of the themes for winterboard, there were hearts the float past the screen and i was able to change the pictures to apple symbols :) Thanks you've been a lot of help with my ipad questions :) - Kes

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After you changed the pictures?
Are you sure you didn't modify anything else?
I know sometimes the sound in the NES emu goes out for no reason. And it will just come back randomly.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts