What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emoticons on iPad 2

janvdw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear fellow Ipad 2 users,

I installed 5 different emoji apps (one of them is not a free app: 'Emoticons*').

I install them and then do exactly what I should do:

-I got to settings
-General
-Keyboard
-International Keyboards
-Add New Keyboard
-And then, where I should be able to select the Emoji app, There is not such a name in the list of languages! (time after time...)

What is going wrong? Cannot find at all what could be the case..

Thank you very much for your help in advance! Really appreciated! :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I found this too. A reboot seems to fix it, so make sure you turn off and back on again. Then go into settings > general > keyboard > add and the new emoji keyboard should be there to select.
Make sure you turn your iPad off fully, not just sleep and wake. To turn it off, hold the power button for several seconds, then slide to turn off.

Hope that helps.

OP
J

janvdw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked out!
Thank you so much for your fast reply!

Never really switched off my iPad before, in the 2 weeks I'm in possession of it....I think it's better for battery life? Will do it from now on!

Thanks again!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed. Enjoy your emoji!

But, don't get paranoid about turning your iPad off. It's useful once in a while, like you just found out, but IOS does not need to be restarted very often. If it suits you to turn the iPad off at night, by all means do it, but having it available with "instant on" from sleep mode is cool too.

Don't worry about rebooting it unless you are having a problem, in which case it is usually a good thing to try before anything else.

Last edited:

Dalynja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Emoji Does not show on Facebook

Yeah, I found this too. A reboot seems to fix it, so make sure you turn off and back on again. Then go into settings > general > keyboard > add and the new emoji keyboard should be there to select.
Make sure you turn your iPad off fully, not just sleep and wake. To turn it off, hold the power button for several seconds, then slide to turn off.

Hope that helps.

I was able to download the emoji keyboard, and type emoticons in my Facebook status, but after typing it it, I do not see it on my status. Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Most reactions