What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emails

jamie2214

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me how to delete my emails I can do one at a time but i would like to delete the whole lot

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me how to delete my emails I can do one at a time but i would like to delete the whole lot
Welcome to the forum! Without jailbreaking it's a little more difficult to delete multiple emails on iOS devices like the iPad, but it can be done, it just takes a few steps...

1. Open your mail account so your emails are visible in the sidebar.
2. Tap the Edit button at top of the left-hand menu
3. Tap the radio button next to the email you want to delete (a red checkmark will appear - if you decide not to delete it, tap the circle again and the checkmark will disappear)
4. Continue to scroll down your emails and check all that you want to delete
5. When you've selected all of the emails you want to delete tap the "Delete" button at the bottom left hand corner.

delete-multiple-emails-on-ipad-2.png

This and other information about using your iPad can be found in the free iPad User Guides linked below my signature.

Hope that helps and enjoy the forum!

Dawn Atherton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I currently have over 500 emails. Do I have to check each one before deleting, or can I check all at once easily?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to mark them as read, tap "Edit" in Inbox. You'll find it at the top. At the bottom, "Mark All" will appear. Tap it, then select "Mark As Read".

If you want to remove them from the Inbox all at once, this has to be done with iOS 7 or 8 installed:

Again, tap "Edit". Check mark the first email. This time, tap "Move" at the bottom and hold it. While holding "Move", un-checkmark the first email again, then let go of the "Move" button. At the right, you'll see the emails from the account. At the left, you'll find the Mailboxes. Tap the mailbox where the emails should appear afterwards.

Last edited:

Dawn Atherton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Successfully 'moved' all emails to the junk folder and from there was able to 'delete all' - much quicker than deleting individually.

Most reactions

Latest posts