What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emails to Trash

chillydoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever since I installed v.8 of my ipad (I now have v.8.1.1 & the problem still persists), there are many instances where I cannot move emails to Trash. This never happened before v.8 was installed. The only way I am able to delete these emails is via my "Shaw Webmail" account. I performed a soft reset on my iPad but this did not help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this just one email account that doesn't let you remove emails or more than one? And which account/s are involved?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The usual method to resolve problems with an email account is to remove the account and install it again.

I know someone who uses this kind of account with Gmail. If you do this as well, go to Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars. Tap the account and the email address, then go to Advanced and look at "Move Discarded Messages into". Make sure that Archive Mailbox is not selected.

Most reactions

Latest posts