What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HI, my name is Amy and I just got my ipad 2 on Monday. The Apple store set me up with email. I tryed to add my husband to the email, but we forgot his password. We are on aol. Now when I try to get my email, I keep getting that either my user name or password is wrong. I keep trying to put my password in, but I still can't get on. How do I fix this.

Thanks

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will start for looking under Setting>mail,contact,calendar and look at the top where you have the accounts.

If the account that you tried to setup for your husband is there, open it and click delete at the bottom. Maybe the problem is that you have your account and his partial setup.

Good luck and if this don't work let us know please.

stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
A

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for answering. Just my name is there. My husband's name was deleted, when we didn't remember his password. I don't know why I'm having this problems. I guess I'll have to make another trip to the Apple store tomorrow. Luckily it isn't to far.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
amyberta said:
Thanks for answering. Just my name is there. My husband's name was deleted, when we didn't remember his password. I don't know why I'm having this problems. I guess I'll have to make another trip to the Apple store tomorrow. Luckily it isn't to far.

Try to delete the account that is in there and reset setup your email. Maybe something got corrupted.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing that has caught some people out is that, by default, the iPad auto-capitalises. So you may find that, as you type in your password, unknown to you, it has made the first letter of your password upper-case. Check to see if it's doing that by carefully watching what come up on the screen as you type the password in and, if necessary, cancelling the shift on the first letter of the password.

Tim

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
One thing that has caught some people out is that, by default, the iPad auto-capitalises. So you may find that, as you type in your password, unknown to you, it has made the first letter of your password upper-case. Check to see if it's doing that by carefully watching what come up on the screen as you type the password in and, if necessary, cancelling the shift on the first letter of the password.

Tim

That very important as well Tim, I forgot that. I hate when that happen to me sometimes.

Most reactions