What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email

Johnusna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new user. I am unable to delete emails from in box. My in box is 156 and groing.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
QUOTE=Johnusna;1045024]I am a new user. I am unable to delete emails from in box. My in box is 156 and groing.[/QUOTE]

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide information on your ISP and the mail hosts you are using, e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, etc.; also if you have multiple accounts, is this a common problem w/ all or just one? Finally, are you able to receive and send emails which would imply that your POP3 or IMAP & your SMTP servers are properly defined.

If you can receive/send emails from the account in question, then go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, etc. > Select Mail Account in question > Account information > Click advanced - make sure that your 'Deleted Mailbox' is checked (see first image, left, below); then go above and look @ your 'Deleted Mailbox' > Trash which will bring up the second dialog box (below, right) - mine is set to trash my mail on the Yahoo server. Good luck and let us know if these suggestions help. Dave

photo 1.PNG photo 2.PNG

Last edited:

Most reactions