What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email works on iphone but NOT iPad

janelise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the settings are the same. Works well on iPhone but gives me an error on iPad. Anyone have this problem?

OP
J

janelise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I am a noob. If you have an answer to this one, I will even admit you are a genius, even tho you have only stated the obvious.

My home email account works on both. The work account works on phone, not on pad. It is a pop acct but I have tried both. Nothing works.

Error says the server is not responding, but it responds on phone and pc. Any answers, genius?

OP
J

janelise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
janelise said:
Yes, I am a noob. If you have an answer to this one, I will even admit you are a genius, even tho you have only stated the obvious.

My home email account works on both. The work account works on phone, not on pad. It is a pop acct but I have tried both. Nothing works.

Error says the server is not responding, but it responds on phone and pc. Any answers, genius?

Sorry. Spent many hours on this. I am ready to through it out the window!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hold in mind that we don't know your background. If we start with the obvious answers, it is because they are so often the right solution. It saves time nine times out of ten.

So on to the second, and only slightly less obvious answer. ;) I know you've said the settings on both devices are the same, but I want to dig just bit deeper. If you've done this, feel free to ignore me.

Go to your account in the Settings app and select it. Tap the Account field to go the next layer of settings. If SSL is off, turn it on. Out of curiosity, you might check your iPhone as well and see if SSL is on.

And that pretty much exhausts my knowledge of exchange server settings.

OP
J

janelise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Hold in mind that we don't know your background. If we start with the obvious answers, it is because they are so often the right solution. It saves time nine times out of ten.

So on to the second, and only slightly less obvious answer. ;) I know you've said the settings on both devices are the same, but I want to dig just bit deeper. If you've done this, feel free to ignore me.

Go to your account in the Settings app and select it. Tap the Account field to go the next layer of settings. If SSL is off, turn it on. Out of curiosity, you might check your iPhone as well and see if SSL is on.

And that pretty much exhausts my knowledge of exchange server settings.

Thank you. I was very frustrated because I had done all of this. It is now working. I did a sync with my outlook account and suddenly the sky is blue again!

I have no idea why it did not work this way the first time I synced up, but I won't argue about it.

Have a great day, and thank you, again, for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts