What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email trouble

ellasnan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just had a new ipad air.I am having trouble putting on my email address. I managed on my old one but I dont know how. It will not accept the incoming and outgoing servers name. Please excuse me I am hopeless at explaining things. I even spent half an hour on the phone to our internet provider yesturday
but that was no good.
It is a gmail address so I have tried the host name as gmail as the incoming server and the outgoing as smtp gmail.com which it seems to accept.
I have tried google so many times I think I hear it groan every time I ask it. (lol)

OP
E

ellasnan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I have saved that page but it is still not workng. First it says gmail not available then says I may or may not be able to send or recieve emails.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Settings - Mail - Accounts - Add Account, did you use Google to set up the account?
IMG_7363.JPG

It's necessary to enter your email address and password, if you use it. Everything else will be added automatically, so you don't have to enter it manually.

OP
E

ellasnan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I thied google and it seemed to go through, then I had an email off google saying that address was a security risk so I am giving up for the time being. But thank you for your help.

OP
E

ellasnan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it was a warning. I have just realised I have posted this in the wrong 'place'
I have the ipad air2, does that make difference to my problem?

Most reactions