What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email trash

earlboston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are deleted emails saved in the trash folder? I cannot open Trash.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my iPad's native Mail app, emails I delete go to the Trash folder. If I click the 'MailBoxes' icon at the top left hand corner of the screen I can see a list of the mailboxes - InBox, Sent, Trash etc - and I can then select those - including Trash - and see what's in them.

Tim

OP
E

earlboston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the latest version. When I select Trash it deletes the current email. How do I view and retrieve them?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting you select the Trash option. Rather, at the top left hand side of the screen, you'll find a button that will take you through to the various mailboxes, including the Trash mailbox.

Tim

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
earlboston said:
I have the latest version. When I select Trash it deletes the current email. How do I view and retrieve them?

If you have inadvertently deleted an email that you want back, press the mailboxes tab at the top left hand corner and it will display Inbox, Sent, Draft and Trash. Select Trash and it will show you all the emails that were deleted, they are stored here until you delete them again. If you want to retrieve some, at the top of this column you will see an Edit Tab. Press this, the emails will move to the right and you'll see a small circle appear next to them on the left, chose which emails you want retrieved, a tick will appear in the circle, and then look at the bottom of the list and there are 2 tabs, 1 is Delete the other Move. Press Move and it will take you to the list of mailboxes again, choose Inbox and your emails will be sent to the inbox again. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
E

earlboston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do I have to select each email separately to delete from the trash or is there a way to delete them all at the same time? i.e. empty trash option

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
earlboston said:
Do I have to select each email separately to delete from the trash or is there a way to delete them all at the same time? i.e. empty trash option

In mine it's Mailboxes>Trash>Edit>Delete All (big red button at bottom left of screen).

Hope that helps.

Most reactions