What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email slow.

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Email is loading Very slow. My iPhone and iPad use to chime at almost the same time I received an email. Now the iPad is behind by as high as a couple of minutes. Any ideas how to sped it back up? Oh, I've done the hard restart Numerous times.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Email is loading Very slow. My iPhone and iPad use to chime at almost the same time I received an email. Now the iPad is behind by as high as a couple of minutes. Any ideas how to sped it back up? Oh, I've done the hard restart Numerous times.

No one with any guesses even?

Hi Bill - not sure that I can help, but easy to ask some questions: 1) Assume that your devices are running the same iOS; and 2) Also assume that the mail accounts are using the same ISP? You've done a 'Reset' of the iPad (which would have been my first suggestion), have you 'power recycled' your equipment (modem & router) - probably will not help but no harm is done.

Have you tried to determine if this is a persistent issue while using these devices on other networks (like trying in a coffee 'hot spot')? Have you considered deletion of your account in the iPad's settings and re-do its setup? Also, keep in mind that iOS 8.4 was just released - might make a difference, but not sure? Dave :)

Last edited:
OP
Ibill

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Haven't used iPad any where but home for months. Latest iOS. Worked great until a couple of months ago. It's an iPad 4. Just this morning I deleted some emails. Went and cleared all open apps off the screen and did the hard restart. Came back and all the emails I deleted were back! What's up with that? Most of the time When I open my email just sitS there and loads. Clear the screen, go and reopen my mail and its all loaded. Not sure if it happened after an update or note. Getting real aggravating

OP
Ibill

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try deleting your mail profile, then setting it up again.
Been thinking about doing that. I have several email accounts but it looks like my main account is the only one doing it. Guess I'll try that. Thanks

Most reactions