What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email scanned documents as attachemnts

Namobo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using HP iPrint I have scanned pages and saved them as documents. I now want to attach them to emails. The docs are PDFs. IPrint let's you read or print, and has an (inactive) button to move them. Their actual location is a mystery. I have tried SendPrint app to no avail (have even had several help emails with their support; no solution. This seems like it should be simple, but I still need an answer. (BTW: I have iPad 1, so please don't send me to camera roll.)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I don't have that app, most apps support the 'Open in' registration with iOS. You should be able to open the PDF in another app, such as iBooks, from where you can email the document.

Tim

OP
N

Namobo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Emailing scans

Although I don't have that app, most apps support the 'Open in' registration with iOS. You should be able to open the PDF in another app, such as iBooks, from where you can email the document.

Tim

You are absolutely correct on at least one count ... I SHOUKD be able to open the PDF in...iBooks," etc; but I can't find the way. There the problem. The scans seem ONLY to open in iPrint, and it's "move" button won't function.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim

You are absolutely correct on at least one count ... I SHOUKD be able to open the PDF in...iBooks," etc; but I can't find the way. There the problem. The scans seem ONLY to open in iPrint, and it's "move" button won't function.

Please don't get cross with me for suggesting this - I'm 99.99% sure you'll have tried this....but......just in case......

If you touch and hold the image on the screen in iPrint, you don't get a pop-up menu that offers you the 'Open In' option....

I've looked at the app in the App Store and it sure seems like it should work as you want. If you have tried this and it didn't offer the pop-up menu, I'll download the app myself and have a look - hey, it's free!!

Tim

OP
N

Namobo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Touch and hold doesn't work

Thanks, but, as you thought, I've tried that many times, including just now. I will be communicating with HP today; will let you know the results.

Most reactions

Latest posts