What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email rules for iPad

djfilms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want email rules on the iPad, like the filtering rules on my Mac. Reading various posts from various sites, I always see the same answer "Has to be done on the server and you can't do anything about that".

However, consider the following: an app (script?) on the iPad which has rules and runs every 5 minutes and which reads the emails and filters them. Surely some whizkid can write that app or script? In other words, process the emails locally.

Why not? I'd pay a lot of money for that app or script.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most of us, I suspect, would value our privacy and security rather than have some "wizzkid" App reading our mail, even if it were feasible!

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Mail app can not be scripted on iOS. True scripting requires an app to have a scripting interface. Mail doesn't. A wizkid hacked script would require system level access to Mail, Apple does not allow that.

Could it be doen on a jailbroken iPad? Probalby, but it would be a lot of work. Probably more work with less reliable results than just creating your own email app.

Speaking of which, you might take a look at the AirMail app. It's the most flexible thrid party mail app for the iPad (or so I've heared). I'm sure it has rules.

Most reactions